adding a wireless mouse

I recently purchased a Dell laptop computer and am trying to install an
optical RF mouse using the USB port. Win XP added the mouse as a human
interface device, with MS drivers from 2001. The mouse does not work. I am
asking for help from Dell and Targus, but I am curious as to why the op sys
doesn't recognize the new mouse drivers. Any help?

You need to load the WindowsXP drivers. Also, it should install as a mouse,
not as a human interface device.

Bobby

"shadow" <shadow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a Dell laptop computer and am trying to install an
> optical RF mouse using the USB port. Win XP added the mouse as a human
> interface device, with MS drivers from 2001. The mouse does not work. I
> am
> asking for help from Dell and Targus, but I am curious as to why the op
> sys
> doesn't recognize the new mouse drivers. Any help?

It should install as both a HID and a Keyboard. Also, the MS drivers
will work, but may not work as well as the manufacturer's drivers. Have
you tried the connect button with fresh batteries? Have you tried
installing the latest software/drivers that came with the keyboard or
from the Targus' website?

----
Nathan McNulty