Tigerdirect won't give me a refund...

ShankerXV

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
over a box. I bought a systemax PC from them and when it arrived, I threw the box out and everything because I thought the PC would be ok. Wrong, SLI doesn't really work, games won't load. I try to return it and they say they won't take my PC back without the box that came with it because the manufacturer won't take it back. So thinking now, I just threw out a 4000 dollar box. Expensive as hell.

Forlorn

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
Trying going to the manufacturer? If it's a defective product they need to replace it for you. Raise enough hell and I'm sure they'll do something about it.

marty13

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I just talked to my friend, who works for tiger. he said the box has a 1 year warranty on it and 1 year free tech support. he also said that they would have taken it back, with out the box, but would charged a restocking fee.
i have 2 systemax PC's (not like yours, i am sure) and have had good luck with them. the company i work for has several systemax boxes and any time they are down, the tech support guys get them back up very quickly.
For $4000 you must have built a custom gaming box.
would like to know what the outcome was.
thanks.
marty13.

ShankerXV

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Well, to this day, I still didn't get my refund and its been past the 21 days, so I see no hopes of getting my money back.

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
report tiger direct to better business bureau. make a big stink out of this issue with them. you have the right.

Is it possible to report it to Visa? would visa refund your money? I hope you brought it using Visa.

Gneisenau

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
This is why I always keep my boxes for a year or so. Some places will not honor the warrentee if you don't send it back in the box it came from. I find it easier. They can't gripe that the packing was insufficient and may have been the cause of the problem.
Yeah it can cause clutter for a while, but it's better than $4000 down the drain.

scrushmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
I work for a major manufacture and deal with tiger directs RMA department on a daily basis. All you need to do is call up each individual manufacture of each individual part and give them a fake reciept that looks somewhat alright. RMA departments don't actually backtrack when and where it was sold. You should be fine doing this, it will just be a bit more of a hassle.

scrushmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Wow bad idea. They could aslo fine you or charge you with attempted theft. Thats 10years in jail! Not worth it.

Haha ha They wont fine you or anything else their is no tracking or proof they could ever have, anyways you can make it legal by selling their product from u to your friend and then just yell some and badda bing you got an RMA and a replacement mobo.