Downgrade WM2003 to PPC2002 on Ipaq 3835??????

June 26, 2004 6:34:33 PM

Hello,
I recently upgraded my Ipaq 3835 to WM2003. I had mistakenly forgot to
backup up my rom before upgrading and now find the very few of my
programs and even hardware (foldable keyboard) will not work and would
like to downgrade back to 2002. Is there anyway to do this with out a
backup??? Thanks in advance!!!

-2
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 8:48:54 PM

For the foldable keyboard, all you need to do is to go to the Website of the
maker and download the driver for WM2003. It will work again.

Regarding the programs that don't work, also, most of them have WM2003
versions. You should check.

Regarding going back: sorry, but if you don't have the backup of your ROM,
there is no way back. At least not legal. The only thing you can try is to
go to HP's labs and convince them to re-burn your ROM from there. But this
will not be easy, and it will surely cost good money.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

!