Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Crysis 3 Accidently Confirmed by EA's Origin

Last response: in News comments
April 11, 2012 7:06:07 PM

*vomits* who care? Crysis 2 was lame... comparing to First. Origin is lame. Everything in this article is lame. Have a good day.
April 11, 2012 7:06:57 PM

So we know it exists, but the question remains:

Is the game going to be designed with the superior PC or inferior Xbox 360 in mind?

We've seen what Crysis looks like in both scenarios (excellent (Crysis) and sub-par at best (Crysis 2), respectively)- so are they going to make the smart decision or the stupid one?
Related resources
April 11, 2012 7:07:53 PM

Not sure what other games it could be. There was no doubt that Crysis would get a 3rd game, and everyone knows about Farcry 3 already. Btw...that needs to come out like now. A playable demo was viewed during e3 last year. It couldn't take another entire year for the rest of the game to polish, being a single-player game and all. Not like Diablo, or TOR.
Anonymous
April 11, 2012 7:11:04 PM

@DroKing
NO FUN ALLOWED
April 11, 2012 7:25:36 PM

to LuckyDucky7
Well my gues would go to Xbox 360... Maybe Crysis 4 will "upgrade" to Xbox 720 level...
But yeah there will be some extra candy for PC at least with some patches.
April 11, 2012 7:27:09 PM

I sense the era of "But can it play Crysis 3?" upon us.
April 11, 2012 7:28:00 PM

Crytek will look to rake it in again by appealing to the console gamers but it would be nice to see them put some new tech into the PC version like BF3 so us PC enthusiasts can make our console friends green with envy.
Again.
April 11, 2012 7:29:27 PM

I bet it will be just as great as Crysis 2
Anonymous
April 11, 2012 7:32:12 PM

From the thread:

"And yes it is on PS3 as well, I just took that pic from the PS3 page."
April 11, 2012 7:33:47 PM

trialskingI bet it will be just as great as Crysis 2

Well I would hope its at least as great. It would be hard not to be as great as Crysis 2 because Crysis 2 sucked so much in comparison with the original/warhead.

I'm kind of scared for Crysis 3 (and Far Cry 3). I really hope they learn from their mistakes in the 2nd installment and make the 3rd installment more like the 1st, only better/improved of course.
April 11, 2012 7:40:30 PM

Bad shooting form. Bow arm too straight, wrong grip, wrong anchor point... :p 

Sorry as an archer I nitpick these things :D 
April 11, 2012 7:45:36 PM

More reason for Crytek to dump Origin and move to Steam, eh.
Anonymous
April 11, 2012 7:46:08 PM

well this is something to keep an eye to...i dont think crytek would be stupid to fu** up twice, no expectations on this though...crysis 2 were a maximum fail
April 11, 2012 7:49:03 PM

Do not pre-order this game. You've been warned.
April 11, 2012 7:57:08 PM

Well, with the huge change in direction they took from Crysis to Crysis 2, I can only expect more of the same in Crysis 3. Crysis 2 was a bag of ass, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It had nothing to do with the first game. In fact, if you changed a few details and relabeled it, it could have been a completely different game. Had they done so, "Crysis 2" might have been an alright game. As far as I'm concerned, Crysis ended when Crysis 2 was released.
April 11, 2012 8:00:01 PM

I bought a game from Origin once for its coop gaming play. I come to find out they sell it but don't support it with servers. That was the last game I bought from EA.
April 11, 2012 8:12:01 PM

LuckyDucky7So we know it exists, but the question remains:Is the game going to be designed with the superior PC or inferior Xbox 360 in mind?We've seen what Crysis looks like in both scenarios (excellent (Crysis) and sub-par at best (Crysis 2), respectively)- so are they going to make the smart decision or the stupid one?

Well, if its New York again, then it's another crappy X360 game. Crysis 2 was set in a city for a reason, to allow level design to be restrictive enough so the feeble X360 VGA could handle some decent graphics. Current generation consoles could never be able to handle the open-world jungle of the first games.
April 11, 2012 8:28:12 PM

I really enjoyed the first Crysis. When I went to buy the second one I was very quickly put off by the initial reviews. The sites giving it high review scores were downplaying major problems with the game. Sites giving it lower review scores were actually hitting it for its faults instead of trying to gloss over them. The game did not seem like it would live up to its predecessor. I'm so glad I didn't go for it especially considering all the complaints about its multiplayer being hacked to bits.

I want to like Crysis again. However, I don't see any indication that they're going back to the gameplay that made the first one so appealing. The first one let you take your own path. It had big environments with gorgeous visuals. It pushed technology forwards. It had modding capability including custom level design. We all could see the negative influence at EA downgrading the quality and expandability of the second game. I have no doubt the same will happen with this third game.

Crytek should never have teamed up with EA. I wonder if their competitors will get Far Cry 3 right or not. For now I'm just going to get really excited about some indie projects. We're going to start seeing some small companies take on the big guys in the next year.
April 11, 2012 8:45:37 PM

Crysis 3= Crysis 2: Warhead...
Had it been released next year, knowing how Crytek hates current consoles and how they have crippled Crysis 2, then it would have been a PC/next-gen game.
Since it is for 360/PS3, then it will most likely be avaible by the end of this year, making the game more of a stand alone expansion pack to Crysis 2 in content.
And with the 3 in the name, then they can sell it full price like a full game.
April 11, 2012 9:05:26 PM

the word "meh" comes to mind after a dissapointing crysis 2...
April 11, 2012 9:07:45 PM

The listing had the price set to $49.99
confirmed for fake. EA would never sell something for under 60 bucks.
April 11, 2012 9:20:00 PM

I hope Crysis 3 is worth buying, otherwise I (and many others, apparently) aren't buying. If it is, I'll finally have a reason other than BF3 to use Origin.

On the side: I think EA would have a bigger market on Steam, but it would kind of be like Microsoft making Office for iOS and selling it on the Apple Market. In the long run it would kill them.
April 11, 2012 9:32:05 PM

if their not even going to make it for the next consoles that probably means its going to look like crisis 2.1.
Anonymous
April 11, 2012 9:32:29 PM

+1 Crysis 2 = Maximum fail. Who the heck decided to tame down the game and actually push up the graphic card requirements compared to Crysis 1 (Crysis would run on a Geforce 6800 GT and Crysis 2 required 8800GT, WHY ??). God I hope they give us a good third sequel.
April 11, 2012 9:40:24 PM

let the ... "but can it play Crysis 3" jokes began.
April 11, 2012 10:29:31 PM

Booooo
April 11, 2012 10:59:50 PM

trialskingI bet it will be just as great as Crysis 2

Wait hold on....Crysis 2 was great?
April 11, 2012 11:17:57 PM

if its origin only then its a no-buy for me.

bring it to steam or don't bother.
April 12, 2012 12:42:05 AM

so crysis 4 for xbox 720?
April 12, 2012 1:17:41 AM

I modded my crysis 1 heavily, and crysis 2 graphic is no where near it. if they didnt learn the mistakes in crysis 3 they gonna fail again.
April 12, 2012 1:24:06 AM

DroKing*vomits* who care? Crysis 2 was lame... comparing to First. Origin is lame. Everything in this article is lame. Have a good day.

Agree, just another marketing stunt to suck money out of our wallets.... And if that isn't enough you get ORGIN for free, fuck that shit. Where is the time that i bought a GAME, not a part of the game or crap addons.
The reason i stopped buying games is because i feel offended when a DLC for only 20euros comes a week after the game... Or as with EA, you get crap software on you're pc... Like ORIGIN. Crap you say? Ye crap 'software shit'. Gamers who buy games these days need origin need steam and all kind of shit extra software.
Better leech it with newsgroups. And make a private server...
April 12, 2012 1:51:50 AM

MurissokahWell, if its New York again, then it's another crappy X360 game. Crysis 2 was set in a city for a reason, to allow level design to be restrictive enough so the feeble X360 VGA could handle some decent graphics. Current generation consoles could never be able to handle the open-world jungle of the first games.

You are forgetting that the original Crysis, with all the jungles and everything has been ported to the 360/PS3 already, albeit with the equivalent of Medium graphics on the PC.
April 12, 2012 1:56:04 AM

the crysis francise is starting to get stale
April 12, 2012 3:08:29 AM

They fail just by the fact they wont put it on steam. I'll get it when it goes to D2D and discounted perhaps.
Anonymous
April 12, 2012 4:57:08 AM

To Crytek and, mainly, EA, Crysis 2 was not a failure, even though technically it was a lot worse than the original/Warhead. To them, the $$$ means everything, and the rest F*** all...

So as long as us gamers keep on buying the PC version (minority), and the console versions (vast majority) keep selling like hot cakes, they'll keep making the dumbed down console versions.... And that, my friends, is the trend of every organisation with interest to making profits... :/ 
April 12, 2012 4:59:07 AM

I liked Crysis 2, but it wasn't very sandboxy. I hope they let you freely roam around NY instead of being locked into certain streets.
April 12, 2012 5:47:32 AM

Do us a favor and develop this for the XBOX720/PS4 and then for PC. Give us PC gamers some eyecandy, PLEASE!
Anonymous
April 12, 2012 6:14:19 AM

>the game is slated for the Xbox 360

All hopes are gone. I thought Crytek learned their lesson. It would be funny if Crysis 3 is inferior to Crysis 1. (At-least in graphics wise.)
April 12, 2012 6:44:59 AM

Wow from the comments here it seems as though nobody except a few enjoyed Crysis 2 and thought it looked amazing. I played all the Crysis games and in all instances I was wow'ed. Sure when Crysis 2 came out we expected the graphics to look a lot better than it did but to me the game play was much more efficient and after the ultra and Directx 11 updates the graphics looked spectacular. In fact, the best I've seen!

So no matter what all you critics say prematurely about Crysis 3, I am sure it will look amazing and fans would enjoy it expecially on PC. Just keep in mind, unlike Blizzard and Valve, Crytek actually tries to bring out amazing games without taking 5-10 years for a sequal. Sure now all the fanboys are going to say when Blizzard launches a game its perfect and doesn't need updates. HAHA well I clearly remember buying SC2 and having to update the same day. Dont get me wrong, I am also a big Blizzard and Valve fan but they dont seem to care about producing games in a timeous way. I've stoped looking for any news on Halflife 2 episode 3 months back and to be honest I dont care any more for Heart of the swarm because I'm more excited about Generals 2 (which would highly likely launch before Heart of the swarm).
April 12, 2012 8:27:34 AM

LuckyDucky7So we know it exists, but the question remains:Is the game going to be designed with the superior PC or inferior Xbox 360 in mind?We've seen what Crysis looks like in both scenarios (excellent (Crysis) and sub-par at best (Crysis 2), respectively)- so are they going to make the smart decision or the stupid one?

I'm going to bet they make the dumbass decision.
Anonymous
April 12, 2012 9:58:55 AM

LuckyDuck, they will go where the money takes them more profit in the consoles. so the consoles it is

god i hate consoles...
April 12, 2012 12:30:59 PM

as with most I say if it comes on steam I'll buy it, if it requires origins... well like mass effect 3 I'll wait for it to come out on steam or just never play it
April 12, 2012 1:35:30 PM

Douchebag Crytek should make Crysis 2 work first before they think about next installment : ( my Crysis 2 still crashes when loading a savegame
April 13, 2012 9:49:56 PM

Just hope they all drop dead! I hate consoles, they ruin PC gaming, they sould make games always based on the PCs, then lower everything down to the shitty consoles! fk!!
Anonymous
April 13, 2012 10:52:49 PM

after the crap they pulled with crysis 2 on pc they'll need to do a damn well job for anyone to even buy it on the pc.. i mean seriously..crysis 2 wasnt even good on the consoles...they made a once great sandbox shooter into some corridor, interactive movie
April 16, 2012 7:43:30 AM

@Pezcore27 i looked at it and cringed his form is so bad hes not going to hit shit
!