HDD transfer rate

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Does someone know where to find an utility (or a way) to check the true
transfer rate of an HDD (ULTRA DMA and/or SATA) under Win/XP PRO ?

--
Alberto

if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from email address

null

Alberto wrote:

> Does someone know where to find an utility (or a way) to check the true
> transfer rate of an HDD (ULTRA DMA and/or SATA) under Win/XP PRO ?

The true transfer rate will depend on several factors, including
bandwidth, location of files on the drive, buffer size, cpu usage, and
other factors. The best way to determine which is faster for you is to
do real-world testing, or check web sites such as zdnet's to see if
they've done any testing.

posted here.

"Alberto" <a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> wrote in message
> Does someone know where to find an utility (or a way) to check the true
> transfer rate of an HDD (ULTRA DMA and/or SATA) under Win/XP PRO ?

Try HDTach
http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach