A8V slower with 1009 BIOS

Just swapped from 1008 to 1009 BIOS. HalfLife II was very
smooth before that, but a bit juddery afterwards. Swapped
back to 1008, and all was silky smooth again. It was only
a short test, so perhaps something (Windows update?) was
running in the background and slowing it down, but I thought
I should post a warning.

Anybody else seen anything like this?

Markstar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2003

Nope, but I suggest switching to 1011-005 anyways. It's running very stable
over here. ;-)

"Paul Gardiner" <paul@no-spam-thank-you.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just swapped from 1008 to 1009 BIOS. HalfLife II was very
> smooth before that, but a bit juddery afterwards. Swapped
> back to 1008, and all was silky smooth again. It was only
> a short test, so perhaps something (Windows update?) was
> running in the background and slowing it down, but I thought
> I should post a warning.
>
> Anybody else seen anything like this?

Thanks, I might give it a try, although it seems to be fine on 1008. I
swapped the
BIOS on this particular machine, only because I'd just swapped over another
A8V based
machine to v1009. The other one (running Linux) kept crashing with v1008,
but is maybe happier now on v1009 - hasn't crashed since, at least.