System restore not working

For some reason System restore is not now working and for a
strange reason it seems to be located in my D hard Drive
not the C. Also there are other system issues where some
programs seem to be autoloading into D drive.
1. How do I get System restore to work again and how do i
define that C is my main & boot drive.. Seems both issues
are related as when I tried to use Symantec Go-Back the
error message said it could not determine which was my boot
drive.

PS all this happened after a failed update to Norton
anti-virus 2004 from my 2003 expired system works.
naturally Norton says its not their problem, but someone
else but averything worked before the upgrade.

Alex,

Check the bios and ensure the correct HD is being booted first.

Nospam