GeForce 4 MX 440 issue with XP

Hi,

I have a machine running AMD +2000, and was using Geforce4
MX 440. I have updated the latest driver from Microsoft
but it keep on crashing when I start the PC. Lots of times
it just hang over the boot up as well. Any idea how to
trouble shoot on this issue.

Elsa Gladiac 571

"Choong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a machine running AMD +2000, and was using Geforce4
> MX 440. I have updated the latest driver from Microsoft
> but it keep on crashing when I start the PC. Lots of times
> it just hang over the boot up as well. Any idea how to
> trouble shoot on this issue.
>
> Elsa Gladiac 571

Get the newest driver from ELSA or nVidia instead.
Follow the directions carefully-it may be required to
uninstall your old driver...if you must do this, temporarily
DISCONNECT or DISABLE your Internet connection, or else
XP will download and install the MS driver again.

dl

Do NOT use winupdate for drivers.
I think you know why, now