p4p800E delux cpu temperature

I have this MB, P4 3.0GHz and in BIOS the temperature is cca 5°C higher
than in PC probe.Which is correct.In iddle temp. is about 49-50°(PC
probe).Is it OK.
Thanks,
Danko

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:49:53 +0200, Danko <dgubas@inet.hr> wrote:

>I have this MB, P4 3.0GHz and in BIOS the temperature is cca 5°C higher
>than in PC probe.Which is correct.In iddle temp. is about 49-50°(PC
>probe).Is it OK.
>Thanks,
>Danko

I have the same problem with Asus Probe and my P5AD2-E Premium. The
Bios temp is also 5deg C higher than the Asus Prob. Idle temp is 40
deg C in bios and 35 in Aus Prob Dunno!

Bubba

it's always higher at boot, cmos access, then it comes down...you can
see this evident when you just leave the cmos alone for several
minutes...

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:18:08 -0400, Bubba <xbubmanxatgmail.com@>
wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:49:53 +0200, Danko <dgubas@inet.hr> wrote:
>
>>I have this MB, P4 3.0GHz and in BIOS the temperature is cca 5°C higher
>>than in PC probe.Which is correct.In iddle temp. is about 49-50°(PC
>>probe).Is it OK.
>>Thanks,
>>Danko
>

>I have the same problem with Asus Probe and my P5AD2-E Premium. The
>Bios temp is also 5deg C higher than the Asus Prob. Idle temp is 40
>deg C in bios and 35 in Aus Prob Dunno!
>
>Bubba

Windows executes HLT instructions which the BIOS doesn't do. The HLT
instruction tells the core to go to idle (suspend) whenever there is
no workload. Thus the core stays cooler in Win than in BIOS access.

JN Porter