A7N8X-E dlx will not flash ?

I tried installing the latest bios in my A7N8X-E dlx board.
I boot up using the win98 floppy and hit F8 and go into safe mode.

I then run the awdflash and put in the new bin and it just sits there.
Usually you see the bars go across as it's writing but it just doesn't
move.

Is there a jumper for this board to keep the bios from being upgraded?

Thanks

"MeNotHome" <dtfa@****nospm****insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I tried installing the latest bios in my A7N8X-E dlx board.
> I boot up using the win98 floppy and hit F8 and go into safe mode.
>
> I then run the awdflash and put in the new bin and it just sits there.
> Usually you see the bars go across as it's writing but it just doesn't
> move.
>
> Is there a jumper for this board to keep the bios from being upgraded?
>
> Thanks

Rather than using a standard Win 98 boot floppy and hitting F8, I suggest
that you just use a floppy formatted under Win98 with the copy system files
option selected so theres no autoexec.bat or config.sys. If you haven't
already double checked it's the correct bios download, I'd do that (it also
might be worth redownloading the file in case its corrupted/download error.
It would be worthwhile stripping the machine back to basics e.g. graphics
card only, only one memory module and all unnecessary options disabled in
the BIOS (e.g. onboard sound etc), also no devices (especially important
with USB items) plugged in. Once you've tried all this and had a read of the
downloadable motherboard manual, then have another crack at it.

Paul