speaker in tray

I can not get any sound out of the little slide bar in the
speaker in the tray. I have good sound but when i click
on the little slide bar i get no sound. Has anyone got a
fix for the problem. Thanks

Hi, Galoot.

This is the second time I've seen your identical post. And I still don't
understand what you are asking. :>(

You aren't supposed to get sound out of the slide bar in the Notification
Area (still often called the System Tray or SysTray). If your sound card is
installed and working, and if you have checked the box to show the icon
here, then clicking on the icon should pop up a volume control. Sliding the
bar up and down adjusts the volume - IF there is any volume to be adjusted.

There are many possible reasons why you don't hear sound: volume too low on
the slider - or on the speaker boxes themselves; mute box checked; no sound
card installed; no speakers plugged in...and on and on. I'm slightly
embarrassed to admit how often I have looked all over for why I get no
sound, finally to remember that I forgot to turn on the speakers this
morning.

We would have a better chance of helping you if you tell us something about
your computer, such as make and model of computer (or motherboard if you
built it yourself) and of your sound equipment.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"galoot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can not get any sound out of the little slide bar in the
> speaker in the tray. I have good sound but when i click
> on the little slide bar i get no sound. Has anyone got a
> fix for the problem. Thanks

Go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Sounds, and assign a
sound to "Default Beep"

galoot wrote:

> I can not get any sound out of the little slide bar in the
> speaker in the tray. I have good sound but when i click
> on the little slide bar i get no sound. Has anyone got a
> fix for the problem. Thanks

I HAVE TRIED THIS ALSO AND EVERYTHING BELOW HAVE A
GATEWAY COMPUTER SER# 1100408680 . IT IS A PENITUM 4 3.0
AND I HAVE HAD IT ABOUT 2 MONTHS.
MODEL 510X. I HAVE BEEN TO GATEWAY AND YES I HAVE SOUND.
THE LITTLE SLIDE BAR ON THE SPEAKER WILL GIVE YOU SOUND SO
YOU CAN ADJUST IT BUT I CANNOT GET ANYSOUND FROM THAT
SLIDE BAR. THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO FORMAT AND REDO THE HOLD
COMPUTER BUT I HATE TO DO THAT AND LOAD ALL THE PROGRAM
BACK INTO IT AGAIN.
I HAVE UNINSTALLED THE DRIVER AND PUT THE NEW ONE IN THAT
GATEWAY GAVE ME BUT EVEN WENT BACK IN TIME

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT I CAN TRY OR YOU KNOW OF
PLEASE LET ME NO

THANKS

GALOOT