laptop keyboard does not respond

only the peripheral keyboard functions. Laptop keyboard
does not, whether peripheral keyboard is plugged in or
not. Num lock not on. Dell, Win XP

Joyce, when did this problem start? Did you reinstall OS? If not it looks a
hardware problem... I' d go to dell support website and e-mail to Dell
support newsgroups.

Regards,
Yuriy

"joyce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> only the peripheral keyboard functions. Laptop keyboard
> does not, whether peripheral keyboard is plugged in or
> not. Num lock not on. Dell, Win XP

How about before Windows loads? When it says press F2 to enter setup
(or whatever it says when you first turn on your computer) does it work?

----
Nathan McNulty