Restoring original xp atartup settings

Hi!

Please can someone tell me how I can restore my original
xp startup settings?

Hope to hear from some one soon.

many thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about restoring original atartup settings

    Just what did you do to lose them?

    Remove "Nospam" when e-mailing
    "nikki tucker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > Please can someone tell me how I can restore my original
    > xp startup settings?
    >
    > Hope to hear from some one soon.
    >
    > many thanks

    Im not totally sure...I used selective startup because I
    was having difficulties & was trying to work out what was
    causing it. I would like to restore the settings back to
    their originals but dont know how...Ooops! Help!

    wrote in message
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> Please can someone tell me how I can restore my
    original
    >> xp startup settings?
    >>
    >> Hope to hear from some one soon.
    >>
    >> many thanks
    >

    >.

    I' still not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Let me try however.

    I'm assuming that there were some programs you wanted to run when you start
    up your computer. If so, you should go to run/msconfig/startup and check
    those programs you want to run on startup. Such as a firewall, AV program
    and some such. Hope this helps you. There are some other things you can do.
    If you need more help please post a bit more information.

    Good Luck.--
    Regards,
    >>"nikki tucker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote in message
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> Please can someone tell me how I can restore my
    > original
    >>> xp startup settings?
    >>>
    >>> Hope to hear from some one soon.
    >>>
    >>> many thanks
    >>

    >>.

    I keep getting a message when i start up about a file not
    being found. All it shows for the file name is a row of
    squares, but no name. This has happened since i did a
    download from Kellys to fix disk cleanup not working.

    Click Start-Run-Type regedit and click OK.

    Navigate to:

    and

    See if there is anything in there that shows the file name you see. If
    there is, right click on it and delete it.

    Also, click Start-Run-Type msconfig and click OK. Now set it back to
    normal startup and reboot. Now see if everything runs normal ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    nikki tucker wrote:
    > I keep getting a message when i start up about a file not
    > being found. All it shows for the file name is a row of
    > squares, but no name. This has happened since i did a
    > download from Kellys to fix disk cleanup not working.

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP