How long to flash a BIOS chip?

I had a BIOS flash go wrong, called Tech Support, and mailed my chip in
to be re-flashed. Have others out there done this? How long did it take
to come back?

Paul

Splendid

In article <1114111253.839776.198180@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"joshua.wehner@gmail.com" <joshua.wehner@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a BIOS flash go wrong, called Tech Support, and mailed my chip in
> to be re-flashed. Have others out there done this? How long did it take
> to come back?

Depending on how patient or impatient you are, you may want to
spend $25 and get a chip from badflash.com , or a similar Internet
flash chip service. Firms like that have to provide timely service,
if they expect to get a good reputation.

The blank chips themselves, are worth around $2 or $3 a piece.
(Mouser electronics carries some of them.) So, most of the $25
is for the labor and shipping.

Paul

<joshua.wehner@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I had a BIOS flash go wrong, called Tech Support, and mailed my chip in
> to be re-flashed. Have others out there done this? How long did it take
> to come back?

There is a guy in Chicago(on Ebay), who will replace chip and flash for $15
total. Turn around was quick, despite some confusion on motherboard
version.
Popped in new chip and it fired right up.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Il Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:56:54 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) ha
scritto:

>In article <1114111253.839776.198180@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
>"joshua.wehner@gmail.com" <joshua.wehner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I had a BIOS flash go wrong, called Tech Support, and mailed my chip in
>> to be re-flashed. Have others out there done this? How long did it take
>> to come back?
>
>Depending on how patient or impatient you are, you may want to
>spend $25 and get a chip from badflash.com , or a similar Internet
>flash chip service. Firms like that have to provide timely service,
>if they expect to get a good reputation.
>
>The blank chips themselves, are worth around $2 or $3 a piece.
>(Mouser electronics carries some of them.) So, most of the $25
>is for the labor and shipping.
>
> Paul

or you can contact www.recoverybios.com 1 new bios pre-programmed bios
chip costs 16,00 Euro, inclusive of taxes and shipping charge.

I hope it will help you

Bye

It took 10 days to have my chip reflashed, although they diagnosed the
problem incorrectly and then the board had to be relaced. HTH