Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msdn.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Not sure the correct place to post this ...

Just installed SP2 and enabled my bluetooth usb adapter which XP detects and
installs the bluetooth stack.

I have paired my bluetooth headset but XP does not see any audio services.

Why have Microsoft neglected to support audio services for bluetooth or am I
missing something here ?

Thanks.

--
Michael Tissington
http://www.oaklodge.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msdn.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Assuming you have a BlueTooth adapter that is natively supported by
Service Pack 2, it should allow you to connect your BT peripherals with
certain services. I know I get the HID services with my BT
Keyboard/Mouse, but unfortunately I do not have a BT Headset to try it
with. You may want to try the manufacturer's BT Stack instead of MS's
and see if that helps. Also, maybe the audio service needs to be
installed with the software for the headset?

----
Nathan McNulty