A7V333 with XP2100+: what is the higher cpu I could upgrade?

I'm considering to push up the current set on my pc.

Appart of memory and video card, I'm considering to get the fastest cpu this
mobo could accept.

I also wonder if the final result might worth speed wise.

Thanks for your hints.
3 answers Last reply
More about a7v333 xp2100 higher upgrade

    http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

    Select mb name
    Select socketA(462)
    then select your board

    --
    ASUS A8V/Athlon 64 FX-55
    ATI RADEON X800XT PE

    I've found some more info:
    Athlon XP 3000+(333 MHZ FSB)(Model 10)(Barton); for PCB rel.2.00 with BIOS
    version 1016.

    However still not clear if the improvement could worth speed wise.
    Your experience?

    Zeneca wrote:
    > I've found some more info:
    > Athlon XP 3000+(333 MHZ FSB)(Model 10)(Barton); for PCB rel.2.00 with BIOS
    > version 1016.
    >
    > However still not clear if the improvement could worth speed wise.
    > Your experience?

    Well, if you've got a 2100+, there is a good chance that you have PCB
    1.01 which was current when the 2100/2200 Athlons were mainstream. That
    will limit your upgrade option to a 2600+, a speed change that you
    probably won't notice. Assuming that you've got PCB 2.00 then as you
    write, you could put in a 3000+, but chances are your 2100+ has 266 FSB
    and PC2100 RAM modules. So you may need to upgrade your memory to
    PC2700, as well as the CPU, and the cost then starts looking quite high
    if you are buying the components. That will max out your A7v333, but
    whether it is better to look at a motherboard upgrade you'll have to
    judge. You may also want to take account of your graphics card if you
    are playing games. Chances are that a good mid price graphics card
    would give a much greater speed increase than a faster CPU for games.

    I've just been looking at this for my A7v333 PCB1.01 2400+, and
    concluded that a new socket 939 motherboard will give me a better deal -
    SATA, RAID, PCI express, assorted other tech improvements, and a
    platform that will last a year or two. What that means though is that I
    need to buy a new graphics card (no AGP slot on the new M/B), and a new
    copy of Windows XP (because my copy was pre-installed by the system
    builder, and is locked to the BIOS of the A7v333. You may feel that a
    pre-built system is a better bet, given that an upgrade will use so few
    parts from your existing system.

    You pay your money and take your choice

    Led

Asus Graphics Cards CPUs Motherboards