USB Storage Doesnt appear in My Computer

a b G Storage
August 25, 2004 12:03:04 AM

When I plug in my USB MUVO storage and MP3 Player, I hear
the XP chime (ding-dong) indicating the device is
recognized and activated. (The first time I plugged it
in, the Laptop gave me the messages indicating it found
the hardware and installed the appropriate drivers)

However, the device does not appear in the "My computer"
window. How can I fix this?
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 25, 2004 12:26:43 PM

Usual reason is that it got the same drive letter as something else or
is not formatted.

Press Winkey + R, enter diskmgmt.msc, and change the drive letter or
format it.

Brandon Tarbet wrote:

> When I plug in my USB MUVO storage and MP3 Player, I hear
> the XP chime (ding-dong) indicating the device is
> recognized and activated. (The first time I plugged it
> in, the Laptop gave me the messages indicating it found
> the hardware and installed the appropriate drivers)
>
> However, the device does not appear in the "My computer"
> window. How can I fix this?

Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 25, 2004 1:25:35 PM

I had a similar problem at first, but now Windows freezes whenever I plug the
usb memory drive in. Have you encountered this?

"Bob I" wrote:

> Usual reason is that it got the same drive letter as something else or
> is not formatted.
>
> Press Winkey + R, enter diskmgmt.msc, and change the drive letter or
> format it.
>
> Brandon Tarbet wrote:
>
> > When I plug in my USB MUVO storage and MP3 Player, I hear
> > the XP chime (ding-dong) indicating the device is
> > recognized and activated. (The first time I plugged it
> > in, the Laptop gave me the messages indicating it found
> > the hardware and installed the appropriate drivers)
> >
> > However, the device does not appear in the "My computer"
> > window. How can I fix this?

a b G Storage
August 25, 2004 4:13:18 PM

I am having the same problems... does anyone know how to
fix this???? It is very annoying!

Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 25, 2004 4:14:34 PM

it also does not apprear under disk manangement... what
else could it be?

August 25, 2004 6:31:29 PM

Had the same problem with an iRiver - solution I found
was open Windows Explorer, in the address bar that
probably has My Documents in it, delete that and type in
the next availabe drive letter that the USB storage
device will be. EG if you have hard disc Drive C: and
CDROM Drive D: type in <E:\><enter> and the drive should
then appear.

!