More about hard drive partition missing

    Two utilities come to mind

    PowerQuest's Partition Magic
    Gibson's SpinRite at www.grc.com

    Also, I'm thinking you may be able to recover the partition by booting into
    the recovery console and running
    fix mbr an fix mft on the 'missing' drive.

    Also, just to confirm - is the missing drive recognized by your BIOS? If
    not, recovery console probably won't see the drive. In that case, you could
    try disconnecting/reconnecting the power and data cable to the hard drive.
    "leroyotterson" <Leroyotterson@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I recently turned on my computer to find that one of my
    > hard drives is not formated, but was full of data the day
    > before. Is there a way to recover the partition and data
    > without paying for data recovery services?

    Nope.

    I had the same thing happen twice in one week with a 200 GB drive that I had partitioned 30/30/20/117 GB. Also lost the 117 GB four times in the same period. The drive is now partitioned 30/30/30/37/free (which XP does not see) so that it is under the 137 GB limit.

    Yes, I do have SP2 installed. No, there will never be a newer BIOS for the MB (PIII). I have SR6, the disk is fine.

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff

    "» mrtee «" <hingelicker$@gmail.com> wrote in message
    Nope.

    I had the same thing happen twice in one week with a 200 GB drive that I had
    partitioned 30/30/20/117 GB. Also lost the 117 GB four times in the same
    period. The drive is now partitioned 30/30/30/37/free (which XP does not
    see) so that it is under the 137 GB limit.

    Were you able to recover the partitions?

    Yes, I do have SP2 installed. No, there will never be a newer BIOS for the
    MB (PIII). I have SR6, the disk is fine.

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff
    "Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Two utilities come to mind
    |
    | PowerQuest's Partition Magic
    | Gibson's SpinRite at www.grc.com
    |
    | Also, I'm thinking you may be able to recover the partition by booting
    into
    | the recovery console and running
    | fix mbr an fix mft on the 'missing' drive.
    |
    | Also, just to confirm - is the missing drive recognized by your BIOS? If
    | not, recovery console probably won't see the drive. In that case, you
    could
    | try disconnecting/reconnecting the power and data cable to the hard drive.

    No, I could not recover them.

    The drive was being used as a backup for another drive so the partitions were recreated and backups placed on them again.

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff
    "Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vm5Xc.247377$OB3.159354@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

    | Were you able to recover the partitions?
  5. :cry: :sweat: one partitioned hard drive is missing.how can i get it?
  6. I we have the same problem. I have a hard drive which is patitioned 40/40/80 E,F,G working as a slave to my primary hd, there was an error about the drive F and G then I rebooted my computer and now I can only see drive E with only 17mb. How can I fix it. My important files are in drives F and G.

    ---------------------------
    Hotel,Resort,Accommodation, Package Tour
  7. If you're missing a hard drive partition, try going to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management. Click on Disk management and you should see the hidden partition on the side of the visible partition. Right click on the unallocated one and there should be something like format. Follow the instructions and it should become visible.
  8. Open command prompt as administrator and type :-
    DISKPART to open tool named diskpart
    then type LIST DISK to see the available disks on your computer
    select the one which is your hard drive, generally it is DISK 0, by using the command SELECT DISK 0 (your hard drive's disk number as shown after LIST DISK command)
    then type DETAIL DISK to see the volumes in your hard drive or the partitions you made like D, E, F, etc. Look up for the missing partition and then select that volume by SELECT VOLUME # (where # is the volume number of missing volume as shown by DETAIL DISK command)
    Now the last step... type ASSIGN and you are done ... :)
  9. As I know there are some free recovery programs:

    Those free completely:
    Recuva

    PC Inspector

    PhotoRec

    Those half free

    iCare Data Recovery Free

    Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Free
  10. If your partition is loss,use parition recovery software,the link in my signagure.
  11. This totally worked for me. I have my D: drive back! Thanks Vipin :D

    Vipin Sarthi said:
    Open command prompt as administrator and type :-
    DISKPART to open tool named diskpart
    then type LIST DISK to see the available disks on your computer
    select the one which is your hard drive, generally it is DISK 0, by using the command SELECT DISK 0 (your hard drive's disk number as shown after LIST DISK command)
    then type DETAIL DISK to see the volumes in your hard drive or the partitions you made like D, E, F, etc. Look up for the missing partition and then select that volume by SELECT VOLUME # (where # is the volume number of missing volume as shown by DETAIL DISK command)
    Now the last step... type ASSIGN and you are done ... :)

Partition Hard Drives Windows XP