Possible hardware problem or minor adjustment?

jeff

I have three drives on my PC. All are internal Western
Digitals; Drive A stores 120 GB, Drive B stores 200 GB,
and Drive C stores 250 GB. The problem that I've been
getting lately is when I try to transfer files from
either drive A or B over to C the process goes for a bit
and then stops and I get a message stating:

Windows - Delayed Write Failed

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file
"file name".avi. The data has been lost. This error
may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware
or network connection. Please try to save this file
elsewhere.

The wierd thing is that when I try to transfer files from
drive C to the two other drives it works fine. Also,
when I transfer files between drives A and B it works
okay. I checked the drive's properties and all devices
are working properly and I also checked the inside of the
PC and everything is hooked up okay. I've had all three
drives for a while and they've been working fine until a
few days ago so I'm not sure what it is. Is there a way
that I can solve the problem without having to purchase a
whole new drive/OS?

Thanks for your time, Jeff.

Are the drives jumpered properly?

Bobby

"Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have three drives on my PC. All are internal Western
> Digitals; Drive A stores 120 GB, Drive B stores 200 GB,
> and Drive C stores 250 GB. The problem that I've been
> getting lately is when I try to transfer files from
> either drive A or B over to C the process goes for a bit
> and then stops and I get a message stating:
>
> Windows - Delayed Write Failed
>
> Windows was unable to save all the data for the file
> "file name".avi. The data has been lost. This error
> may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware
> or network connection. Please try to save this file
> elsewhere.
>
> The wierd thing is that when I try to transfer files from
> drive C to the two other drives it works fine. Also,
> when I transfer files between drives A and B it works
> okay. I checked the drive's properties and all devices
> are working properly and I also checked the inside of the
> PC and everything is hooked up okay. I've had all three
> drives for a while and they've been working fine until a
> few days ago so I'm not sure what it is. Is there a way
> that I can solve the problem without having to purchase a
> whole new drive/OS?
>
> Thanks for your time, Jeff.

jeff

Yes, everything is configured properly, which is why I
can't understand why it suddenly doesn't work? Please
help!

Are those the actual letters you have assigned to those drives? If so,
try changing them to C, D, E.

I really think it is your chipset drivers. What motherboard do you have
or what computer make and model? Updated HD Controllers may help the
situation.

----
Nathan McNulty