Russia and China want to control the internet and end anonymity

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Interesting I wonder what the legal effects will be.... The great thing about the internet is going underground and being truly anonymous isn't that hard, its just not very safe.

If anything you will see proxy server farms popping up in free countries. Or servers will be relocated to non-compliant countries ( Like the US hopefully).

Maybe we can have a free English speaking Internet and just book the Chinese off and they can have their own.

Might make it hard to do business with us ... so I can't see them controlling anything on this side of the Great Firewall.

As for the Ruskies they aren't that stupid and isolationist ... they learned what happened when the West bankrupted them last time.

All that has to happen now is the US and Euro nations boycott China due to the Iran oil they are continuing to buy, and once their export drops the slaves might start to riot when there is high unemployment.

Civil unrest is the thing that scares China the most ... hence the internet.

Russia knows it needs trade with the West and despite Putins current unpopularity the current rallies will drop off over the next few weeks and they will continue the rocky road to democracy I guess.

Russia has no democracy and Tsar Putin has made sure it won't anytime soon. He's nothing short of a dictator. Even worse he's made sure his neighboring Rus countries have their own Kremlin sponsored dictators.