How to Ping a connection?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
January 28, 2005 9:06:52 AM

I keep seeing advice 'to boot a mchine & ping it', how
does one ping it? What do I have to do? In simple terms
please.

More about : ping connection

January 28, 2005 12:54:54 PM

OLIM wrote:

> I keep seeing advice 'to boot a mchine & ping it', how
> does one ping it? What do I have to do? In simple terms
> please.

Start>Run cmd [enter]
This gets you the command line prompt box. Then

ping www.nameof url.com or IP address [enter]

For example:

ping www.yahoo.com [enter] or
ping 192.168.1.1 [enter]