How to Ping a connection?

I keep seeing advice 'to boot a mchine & ping it', how
does one ping it? What do I have to do? In simple terms
please.
2 answers Last reply
More about ping connection

    OLIM wrote:

    > I keep seeing advice 'to boot a mchine & ping it', how
    > does one ping it? What do I have to do? In simple terms
    > please.

    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    This gets you the command line prompt box. Then

    ping www.nameof url.com or IP address [enter]

    For example:

    ping www.yahoo.com [enter] or
    ping 192.168.1.1 [enter]

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    how about using a search engine!

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=how+to+use+ping+cmd&meta=

    mike

    "OLIM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I keep seeing advice 'to boot a mchine & ping it', how
    > does one ping it? What do I have to do? In simple terms
    > please.

Connection Wireless Networking