Can't read CD after burning, need to restart

Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing a strange problem; Just after burning a CD, the
CD tray opens, I load the CD again and I am not able to read it. It
appears to be blank. But just as soon as I restart the computer the CD
gets read properly and I can get access to all its contents, so it is
well recorded.

The software that burns the CD is a non standard application, It works
fine on many other computers tested, but on mine produces this
problem.

May be the problem can be solved tweaking something on the OS (Windows
XP Home).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

- Jane

It would help if you said what software and what settings
you have made in that software. Also, this is a Windows XP
hardware group and your problem is obviously software (not
Windows) so you should post to a group that supports your
burning software.

"Jane Sfelc" <janesfelc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Hi everyone,
|
| I've been experiencing a strange problem; Just after
burning a CD, the
| CD tray opens, I load the CD again and I am not able to
read it. It
| appears to be blank. But just as soon as I restart the
computer the CD
| gets read properly and I can get access to all its
contents, so it is
| well recorded.
|
| The software that burns the CD is a non standard
application, It works
| fine on many other computers tested, but on mine produces
this
| problem.
|
| May be the problem can be solved tweaking something on the
OS (Windows
| XP Home).
|
| Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thank you in advance.
|
| - Jane

Hello, Jane. I've noticed the same problem. I burned a cd, then it appeared
to be blank when I tried to verify. I have to differ with Jim's opinion,
though, because the same thing happens when I try to review the contents of
more than one cd. It apparently reads the cd into memory, and removing and
replacing the cd does not allow you to read the second cd.

I also found it necessary to reboot to clear the memory or cache or whatever
to enable reading another cd. There must be a setting somewhere to turn this
off, but I can't find it. Does anyone else have any ideas?

"Jane Sfelc" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been experiencing a strange problem; Just after burning a CD, the
> CD tray opens, I load the CD again and I am not able to read it. It
> appears to be blank. But just as soon as I restart the computer the CD
> gets read properly and I can get access to all its contents, so it is
> well recorded.
>
> The software that burns the CD is a non standard application, It works
> fine on many other computers tested, but on mine produces this
> problem.
>
> May be the problem can be solved tweaking something on the OS (Windows
> XP Home).
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> - Jane

Well, the software I am using is custom made and is not widespread
like Nero, Easy CD Creator, or similar. Its name is ViaKiosk, and as
far as I know its burning engine relies on a driver by
www.goldenhawk.com.

I dont know if the trouble might be linked to my hardware, perhaps my
cd burner. And many hardware problems are solved just by using
appropriate drivers or parameters, that is, a software solution. So
the line dividing hardware and software problems is very thin. Please
excuse me if you consider this question is not appropiate for this
group, I was just trying to find a solution.

Thank you

- Jane