Asus P4C800-E Deluxe BIOS 1021 update error

Hi,

I downloaded a BIOS new update 1021 three days ago. My mainboard was
1019, I tried to use Asus EZFlash Bios update by hitting ALT + F2
method, insert a floppy disk with P4C800ed.rom (1021). Flashed
successfully. It rebooted, I had received POST messages normally then
later I got a General Protection Fault error on screen with garbled
characters, system hanged. Thanks to Asus CrashFree recovery feature,
I immediately flashed it back to 1019, all works fine after
that....whew! With BIOS 1019, I haven’t got any problems yet. Only
reason I tried to update it to 1021 was its patch to new supported
CPU.

Anyone encountered BIOS update problems with 1021?

My system info:
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Revision 2.00 (BIOS 1019)
1GB DDR333 (512MB x 2) Hynix brand
Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (533Mhz)
ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 64MB (4x AGP)
Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA (SATA 1) not raid.

Azn2

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-P4C800-Deluxe-BIOS-1021-update-error-ftopict53369.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=264415
6 answers Last reply
More about asus p4c800 deluxe bios 1021 update error

    If you Google "clintfan" this fellow has an awful lot of info posted
    regarding that board. One thing he says is that you can't flash the newer
    bios's using the easy flash method. I have version 1011 on by board, and
    like you, for no really good reason, flashed mine to 1016. The ez flash was
    successful, but the computer didn't recognize my SATA drives or the raid
    mirror. I too recovered it back to the original just fine. In the future the
    board will have to be dead or seriously disabled before I try that again
    "azn2" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I downloaded a BIOS new update 1021 three days ago. My mainboard was
    > 1019, I tried to use Asus EZFlash Bios update by hitting ALT + F2
    > method, insert a floppy disk with P4C800ed.rom (1021). Flashed
    > successfully. It rebooted, I had received POST messages normally then
    > later I got a General Protection Fault error on screen with garbled
    > characters, system hanged. Thanks to Asus CrashFree recovery feature,
    > I immediately flashed it back to 1019, all works fine after
    > that....whew! With BIOS 1019, I haven’t got any problems yet. Only
    > reason I tried to update it to 1021 was its patch to new supported
    > CPU.
    >
    > Anyone encountered BIOS update problems with 1021?
    >
    > My system info:
    > Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Revision 2.00 (BIOS 1019)
    > 1GB DDR333 (512MB x 2) Hynix brand
    > Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (533Mhz)
    > ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 64MB (4x AGP)
    > Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA (SATA 1) not raid.
    >
    > Azn2

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-P4C800-Deluxe-BIOS-1021-update-error-ftopict53369.html
    > http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=264415

    Have to agree - Don't just flash your Bios to flash your Bios. Unless there
    is a good reason for updating it, why flash it? If it ain't broke, don't fix
    it...
    "RBM" <rbm2(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > If you Google "clintfan" this fellow has an awful lot of info posted
    > regarding that board. One thing he says is that you can't flash the newer
    > bios's using the easy flash method. I have version 1011 on by board, and
    > like you, for no really good reason, flashed mine to 1016. The ez flash
    was
    > successful, but the computer didn't recognize my SATA drives or the raid
    > mirror. I too recovered it back to the original just fine. In the future
    the
    > board will have to be dead or seriously disabled before I try that again
    > "azn2" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I downloaded a BIOS new update 1021 three days ago. My mainboard was
    > > 1019, I tried to use Asus EZFlash Bios update by hitting ALT + F2
    > > method, insert a floppy disk with P4C800ed.rom (1021). Flashed
    > > successfully. It rebooted, I had received POST messages normally then
    > > later I got a General Protection Fault error on screen with garbled
    > > characters, system hanged. Thanks to Asus CrashFree recovery feature,
    > > I immediately flashed it back to 1019, all works fine after
    > > that....whew! With BIOS 1019, I haven't got any problems yet. Only
    > > reason I tried to update it to 1021 was its patch to new supported
    > > CPU.
    > >
    > > Anyone encountered BIOS update problems with 1021?
    > >
    > > My system info:
    > > Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Revision 2.00 (BIOS 1019)
    > > 1GB DDR333 (512MB x 2) Hynix brand
    > > Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (533Mhz)
    > > ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 64MB (4x AGP)
    > > Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA (SATA 1) not raid.
    > >
    > > Azn2
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > request
    > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
    > > Topic URL:

    http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-P4C800-Deluxe-BIOS-1021-update-error-ftopict53369.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
    > > http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=264415

    As always I use Asus Update utility now rev. 6.05.01.
    Works 100 % for me. Some months ago I flashed to 1021.02. No probs.

    "azn2" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi,
    >
    > I downloaded a BIOS new update 1021 three days ago. My mainboard was
    > 1019, I tried to use Asus EZFlash Bios update by hitting ALT + F2
    > method, insert a floppy disk with P4C800ed.rom (1021). Flashed
    > successfully. It rebooted, I had received POST messages normally then
    > later I got a General Protection Fault error on screen with garbled
    > characters, system hanged. Thanks to Asus CrashFree recovery feature,
    > I immediately flashed it back to 1019, all works fine after
    > that....whew! With BIOS 1019, I haven’t got any problems yet. Only
    > reason I tried to update it to 1021 was its patch to new supported
    > CPU.
    >
    > Anyone encountered BIOS update problems with 1021?
    >
    > My system info:
    > Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Revision 2.00 (BIOS 1019)
    > 1GB DDR333 (512MB x 2) Hynix brand
    > Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (533Mhz)
    > ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 64MB (4x AGP)
    > Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA (SATA 1) not raid.
    >
    > Azn2

    request
    > Topic URL:
    http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-P4C800-Deluxe-BIOS-1021-update-error-ftopict53369.html
    http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=264415

    Hi,

    My system info is
    ASUSTeK P4C800-E Deluxe (Intel i875P) Rev.1 >>> BIOS 1010.004
    Intel Pentium 4 3.0C GHz Socket 478 0.13 micron FSB800
    Corsair TWINX 4x256 Mo DDR-SDRAM PC3200 Low Latency
    Western Digital 80 Go 7200T UDMA 100 - WD800JB "Special Edition" x2 in RAID0
    ASUSTeK V9950 Ultra/Deluxe 256 Mo

    Today, I wanted to install new BIOS 1021 only for new supported CPU +
    CT-479.

    Using, EZFlash my flash performed successfully, but after reboot my RAID was
    not anymore recognize. Thks to BIOS recovery feature I used the original
    CD-Rom to come back to previuos BIOS : everything ok and my RAID is back.

    Is somebody know details about this new BIOS issue ?

    Ciao.

    "FairMan" <spam.collin@trap.telia.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    Of0de.135997$dP1.480018@newsc.telia.net...
    > As always I use Asus Update utility now rev. 6.05.01.
    > Works 100 % for me. Some months ago I flashed to 1021.02. No probs.
    >
    > "azn2" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I downloaded a BIOS new update 1021 three days ago. My mainboard was
    > > 1019, I tried to use Asus EZFlash Bios update by hitting ALT + F2
    > > method, insert a floppy disk with P4C800ed.rom (1021). Flashed
    > > successfully. It rebooted, I had received POST messages normally then
    > > later I got a General Protection Fault error on screen with garbled
    > > characters, system hanged. Thanks to Asus CrashFree recovery feature,
    > > I immediately flashed it back to 1019, all works fine after
    > > that....whew! With BIOS 1019, I haven't got any problems yet. Only
    > > reason I tried to update it to 1021 was its patch to new supported
    > > CPU.
    > >
    > > Anyone encountered BIOS update problems with 1021?
    > >
    > > My system info:
    > > Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Revision 2.00 (BIOS 1019)
    > > 1GB DDR333 (512MB x 2) Hynix brand
    > > Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (533Mhz)
    > > ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 64MB (4x AGP)
    > > Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA (SATA 1) not raid.
    > >
    > > Azn2
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's
    > request
    > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
    > > Topic URL:

    http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-P4C800-Deluxe-BIOS-1021-update-error-ftop
    ict53369.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
    > http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=264415

    These days the CT-479 arrives to good old Germany. So a lot of people
    update their bios to be prepared for the Pentium-M.

    It seems that there´s a bug in it so after flashing the mainboard won´t
    boot correctly.

    It´s not possible to do a warm start or reset. It only comes up after
    shutting totally down. But even then a "overclocking failure" occurs and
    brings you to the setup. No overclocking. CMOS cleared. No way to get it
    working right. Some users don´t have this trouble but a lot have!

    Is this already known? And more important: Will it be booting with the
    CT-479?

    greets
    Andreas Radke

    Hi all,

    I got a problems when I try to upgrade my bios with the new version
    1021,

    It's just won't upgarde or downgrade, it's just seem that I stuck old
    version.

    This is what I see in bios menu :

    AMI BIOS

    P4CED106 11/08/04 VER 08.00.09

    Here is the info that I got from Cpu-Z

    Motherboard manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    Motherboard model P4C800-E, Rev 1.xx
    BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc.
    BIOS revision 1020.001
    BIOS release date 11/08/2004
    Chipset Intel i875P rev. A2
    Southbridge Intel 82801EB (ICH5) rev. 2
    Sensor chip Winbond W83627THF

    when I try clean boot to upgrade the bios :
    with Afudos /i /n /pbnc option

    this comes up

    error : ROM file size doesnot match existing bios size

    when I using the /o option :
    this comes up

    reading flash
    error : out of memory

    Here is the chip bios no :
    Intel
    N82802 AB
    Q608 ES
    A009007Q

    This is some info after running AMI Mobo Utility :

    AMIBIOS Motherboard Manufacturer Identification
    Version 1.4 (01/12/2004) Copyright 2003 American Megatrends, Inc.

    This file has recorded information useful in identifying the
    manufacturer
    of this motherboard. The information is listed below:

    An AMIBIOS ID String Was Detected:
    63-2001-000106-00101111-110804-I875P
    - ---- ------ ------
    | | | |
    | | | Chipset/BIOS Info
    | | BIOS Build Date
    | Manufacturer ID
    BIOS ROM Information
    AMIBIOS ROM Size: 512 KB
    BIOS Build Date: Nov 08 2004
    Motherboard Manufacturer Code: 0106 Not listed in MAN.DAT file

    AMIBIOS Build Tag: P4CED106
    AMIBIOS Project ID: P4CED106 Not listed in TAG.DAT file

    Anyone help me please ...

    Did I miss something ? or I got a bad bios Chip. :roll: :roll:
    :roll: :roll:

Asus BIOS Motherboards