BIOS voltage setting in RED

When I get to the BIOS setup I see a red number in one of
the voltage settings. If I exit BIOS and boot Windows,
about 2-3 minutes later the computer shuts down.
Sometimes when I push the power button the computer will
not even start up.

Power Supply problem? Right now I have 400w which is more
than enough. If it is, any recomendations on what brand
PS I should purchase?
4 answers Last reply
More about bios voltage setting

    I do not know what BIOS (Award, Ami. Intel, etc) you have,
    but there must be a way of checking the voltages delivered
    by your PSU from within the BIOS.

    If 5V+ is too low that may be the cause of your problem.

    "Spunko" <spunkovision@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    news: cccf01c48aa9$e0190a20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > When I get to the BIOS setup I see a red number in one of
    > the voltage settings. If I exit BIOS and boot Windows,
    > about 2-3 minutes later the computer shuts down.
    > Sometimes when I push the power button the computer will
    > not even start up.
    >
    > Power Supply problem? Right now I have 400w which is more
    > than enough. If it is, any recomendations on what brand
    > PS I should purchase?

    What is the battery voltage?

    "GF" <x@noone.com> wrote in message
    |I do not know what BIOS (Award, Ami. Intel, etc) you have,
    | but there must be a way of checking the voltages delivered
    | by your PSU from within the BIOS.
    |
    | If 5V+ is too low that may be the cause of your problem.
    |
    | "Spunko" <spunkovision@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit
    dans le message de
    | news: cccf01c48aa9$e0190a20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    | > When I get to the BIOS setup I see a red number in one
    of
    | > the voltage settings. If I exit BIOS and boot Windows,
    | > about 2-3 minutes later the computer shuts down.
    | > Sometimes when I push the power button the computer will
    | > not even start up.
    | >
    | > Power Supply problem? Right now I have 400w which is
    more
    | > than enough. If it is, any recomendations on what brand
    | > PS I should purchase?

    VCORE Voltage 1.79V
    +3.3 V 3.23V
    +5 V 4.83V
    +12 V 12.28V
    +5VSB 3.81 V <------------------ RED
    +3VSB 2.72 V

    I assume this is a power supply issue...
    I build my own computers so its not a problem for me to
    fix things although i have never run into this before.

    +5VSB (stand-by) is quite low as well as the +5 and +3VSB.
    Disconnect everything from the PS but motherboard, disconnect all USB
    devices, and re-check the voltages again. Re-check the assembly. Brand-new
    PSs and motherboards rarely have the intermediate power problems, i.e. they
    are either dead or alive.

Hardware BIOS Computers Microsoft Windows XP