BIOS voltage setting in RED

August 25, 2004 10:46:08 AM

When I get to the BIOS setup I see a red number in one of
the voltage settings. If I exit BIOS and boot Windows,
about 2-3 minutes later the computer shuts down.
Sometimes when I push the power button the computer will
not even start up.

Power Supply problem? Right now I have 400w which is more
than enough. If it is, any recomendations on what brand
PS I should purchase?
August 25, 2004 2:07:59 PM

I do not know what BIOS (Award, Ami. Intel, etc) you have,
but there must be a way of checking the voltages delivered
by your PSU from within the BIOS.

If 5V+ is too low that may be the cause of your problem.

"Spunko" <spunkovision@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: cccf01c48aa9$e0190a20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> When I get to the BIOS setup I see a red number in one of
> the voltage settings. If I exit BIOS and boot Windows,
> about 2-3 minutes later the computer shuts down.
> Sometimes when I push the power button the computer will
> not even start up.
>
> Power Supply problem? Right now I have 400w which is more
> than enough. If it is, any recomendations on what brand
> PS I should purchase?
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 2:08:00 PM

What is the battery voltage?

"GF" <x@noone.com> wrote in message
news:o k6dlyqiEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
|I do not know what BIOS (Award, Ami. Intel, etc) you have,
| but there must be a way of checking the voltages delivered
| by your PSU from within the BIOS.
|
| If 5V+ is too low that may be the cause of your problem.
|
| "Spunko" <spunkovision@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit
dans le message de
| news: cccf01c48aa9$e0190a20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| > When I get to the BIOS setup I see a red number in one
of
| > the voltage settings. If I exit BIOS and boot Windows,
| > about 2-3 minutes later the computer shuts down.
| > Sometimes when I push the power button the computer will
| > not even start up.
| >
| > Power Supply problem? Right now I have 400w which is
more
| > than enough. If it is, any recomendations on what brand
| > PS I should purchase?

August 26, 2004 11:57:49 AM

VCORE Voltage 1.79V
+3.3 V 3.23V
+5 V 4.83V
+12 V 12.28V
+5VSB 3.81 V <------------------ RED
+3VSB 2.72 V

I assume this is a power supply issue...
I build my own computers so its not a problem for me to
fix things although i have never run into this before.

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 4:26:13 PM

+5VSB (stand-by) is quite low as well as the +5 and +3VSB.
Disconnect everything from the PS but motherboard, disconnect all USB
devices, and re-check the voltages again. Re-check the assembly. Brand-new
PSs and motherboards rarely have the intermediate power problems, i.e. they
are either dead or alive.
!