Jungo Windriver?

I have an ASUS P4P-800E and windows xp home SP-2. Windows update shows a
hardware driver update that says Jungo Windriver. I don't have any hardware
named Jungo. Anyone come accross this? Should I download the update?
6 answers Last reply
More about jungo windriver

    Tiny Lund wrote:
    > I have an ASUS P4P-800E and windows xp home SP-2. Windows update shows a
    > hardware driver update that says Jungo Windriver. I don't have any hardware
    > named Jungo. Anyone come accross this? Should I download the update?

    IMO you should never download drivers off windows update.

    It usually breaks something.

    Even worse if you don't know what that something is.

    It appears to be something to do with a USB DDK (Driver Development
    Kit), perhaps something you have, that might be USB, used this kit, and
    now there is an update (rightly or wrongly).

    Ben

    P4P800e-deluxe, same board and I see that as well. I have not been
    able to determine which piece of hardware it is related too in my
    system, yet. So that update stays off, for now...
    FYI

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:23:57 -0400, "Tiny Lund"
    <luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I have an ASUS P4P-800E and windows xp home SP-2. Windows update shows a
    >hardware driver update that says Jungo Windriver. I don't have any hardware
    >named Jungo. Anyone come accross this? Should I download the update?

    Do you have an "ATI remote wonder" by chance ? Go into device manager
    and under "USB" devices, check the driver file details for the remote
    wonder usb device, if you have one that is...BINGO !

    er...I mean's to say "JUNGO" !!!
    Thats what it is in my case, I just wonder why there has not been an
    update from ati for this instead...hmmm
    FYI

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:41:49 GMT, timmy <bs@aol.com> wrote:

    >P4P800e-deluxe, same board and I see that as well. I have not been
    >able to determine which piece of hardware it is related too in my
    >system, yet. So that update stays off, for now...
    >FYI
    >

    >On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:23:57 -0400, "Tiny Lund"
    ><luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I have an ASUS P4P-800E and windows xp home SP-2. Windows update shows a
    >>hardware driver update that says Jungo Windriver. I don't have any hardware
    >>named Jungo. Anyone come accross this? Should I download the update?

    Great find Timmy! That is it indeed! I just upgraded my ATI software and do
    have a remote wonder. Did you do the update?

    "timmy" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Do you have an "ATI remote wonder" by chance ? Go into device manager
    > and under "USB" devices, check the driver file details for the remote
    > wonder usb device, if you have one that is...BINGO !
    >
    > er...I mean's to say "JUNGO" !!!
    > Thats what it is in my case, I just wonder why there has not been an
    > update from ati for this instead...hmmm
    > FYI
    >
    > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:41:49 GMT, timmy <bs@aol.com> wrote:
    >
    >>P4P800e-deluxe, same board and I see that as well. I have not been
    >>able to determine which piece of hardware it is related too in my
    >>system, yet. So that update stays off, for now...
    >>FYI
    >>

    >>On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:23:57 -0400, "Tiny Lund"
    >><luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have an ASUS P4P-800E and windows xp home SP-2. Windows update shows a
    >>>hardware driver update that says Jungo Windriver. I don't have any
    >>>hardware
    >>>named Jungo. Anyone come accross this? Should I download the update?

    I hardly use the remote wonder so I just uninstalled the remote wonder
    software and the update is gone.

    "Tiny Lund" <luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Great find Timmy! That is it indeed! I just upgraded my ATI software and
    > do have a remote wonder. Did you do the update?
    >
    > "timmy" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> Do you have an "ATI remote wonder" by chance ? Go into device manager
    >> and under "USB" devices, check the driver file details for the remote
    >> wonder usb device, if you have one that is...BINGO !
    >>
    >> er...I mean's to say "JUNGO" !!!
    >> Thats what it is in my case, I just wonder why there has not been an
    >> update from ati for this instead...hmmm
    >> FYI
    >>
    >> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:41:49 GMT, timmy <bs@aol.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>P4P800e-deluxe, same board and I see that as well. I have not been
    >>>able to determine which piece of hardware it is related too in my
    >>>system, yet. So that update stays off, for now...
    >>>FYI

    same...

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:48:55 -0400, "Tiny Lund"
    <luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I hardly use the remote wonder so I just uninstalled the remote wonder
    >software and the update is gone.
    >

    >"Tiny Lund" <luxuryman2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Great find Timmy! That is it indeed! I just upgraded my ATI software and
    >> do have a remote wonder. Did you do the update?
    >>
    >> "timmy" <bs@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>> Do you have an "ATI remote wonder" by chance ? Go into device manager
    >>> and under "USB" devices, check the driver file details for the remote
    >>> wonder usb device, if you have one that is...BINGO !
    >>>
    >>> er...I mean's to say "JUNGO" !!!
    >>> Thats what it is in my case, I just wonder why there has not been an
    >>> update from ati for this instead...hmmm
    >>> FYI

Asus Hardware Windows Update Motherboards