Celeron Swap with a Mobile/Centrino?

Hi all,

Was wondering if I can do this with my Laptop? It's only 2months, max, old.
I currently have a 2800Mhz Celeron powering it, but it isn't a mobile
version, just a standard Desktop CPU.

It is 478pin Config, so can I just swap it and put in a Mobile CPU to save
on battery? Where as my Celeron uses a 1.5v core, the Mobile Pentium 4 M
has a 1.3v core, and the same pin config...

I thought I would ask on here before I go any further.

Also the Mobile P4 has throttling capabilities, where as my Celeron just
operates at 2800MHz continously, an obvious drain on the battery.

An even better choice would be the Centrino CPU, what do you think of all
this?

Any help very much appreciated.

A Non E Mouse

I am not 100% positive, but it should work since my Dell Laptop comes
with the option of Celeron or Pentium M. You really should contact the
Laptop Manufacturer and ask them. They are the ones that know what
motherboard is in that laptop, what it supports, and if it is at all
possible.

----
Nathan McNulty

A Non E Mouse wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Was wondering if I can do this with my Laptop? It's only 2months, max, old.
> I currently have a 2800Mhz Celeron powering it, but it isn't a mobile
> version, just a standard Desktop CPU.
>
> It is 478pin Config, so can I just swap it and put in a Mobile CPU to save
> on battery? Where as my Celeron uses a 1.5v core, the Mobile Pentium 4 M
> has a 1.3v core, and the same pin config...
>
> I thought I would ask on here before I go any further.
>
> Also the Mobile P4 has throttling capabilities, where as my Celeron just
> operates at 2800MHz continously, an obvious drain on the battery.
>
> An even better choice would be the Centrino CPU, what do you think of all
> this?
>
> Any help very much appreciated.
>
> A Non E Mouse

Ok thanks for the reply. I am fairly positive, but will do some research
and have a look also.

A Non E Mouse