CPU Change

I have changed my CPU To improve performance but my system doesn't seem to
like iy!! Blue screen at Startup.
Any Advice would be gratefully received. ps How tried running windows in
repair mode, NO Joy?

Ajb2000

Does the BIOS recognize the new CPU correctly? Have you set the correct
multiplier? Look in your motherboard manual for details and be sure to
check the motherboard manufacturer's website to ensure your motherboard
supports your new CPU.
www.coribright.com

"Ajb2000" <Ajb2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have changed my CPU To improve performance but my system doesn't seem to
> like iy!! Blue screen at Startup.
> Any Advice would be gratefully received. ps How tried running windows in
> repair mode, NO Joy?
>
> Ajb2000

I don't think they would get a Blue Screen if the BIOS didn't recognize
the CPU. The computer just wouldn't boot at all.

You may need to do a repair operation on XP. Boot off your Windows XP
CD, choose to Install XP, Setup will find your existing installation of
Windows and offer to repair it, Press R to repair and you should be good
from there ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Ajb2000 wrote:
> I have changed my CPU To improve performance but my system doesn't
> seem to like iy!! Blue screen at Startup.
> Any Advice would be gratefully received. ps How tried running windows
> in repair mode, NO Joy?

Enter the BIOS config screen whilst booting, usually by pressing Del, Esc,
F1, F10. Try "Delete" first. Choose "Load Failsafe Settings" or an option
with similar wording. Save changes and exit.

You might need to do a repair install if the new CPU is very
different from the old.