DVD drives recognized as CD drive

August 25, 2004 3:37:39 PM

Hello,

My DVD drives is recognized as a CD drive. How do I
change that? It used to be working and recognized as a
DVD drive but not anymore!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 4:05:03 PM

Take a look here:

----
Nathan McNulty

HI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My DVD drives is recognized as a CD drive. How do I
> change that? It used to be working and recognized as a
> DVD drive but not anymore!
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 4:22:32 PM

I and many others have the same problem, but no answers.
It will work with 3rd party software I have
installed/uninstalled software, updated the firmware in
the drive, but all to no avail. I guess nobody has an
answer that will fix the problem and I have searched for
weeks and have found lots of people with the same
problem. All the fixes that have been suggested have
been tried, anybody with out there who can help or at
least explain the problem would be great help....

September 10, 2004 8:33:02 PM

I also have the same issue and have been trying to find a solution... This
occurred after SP2 was installed.. Sorry I did that.

"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> I and many others have the same problem, but no answers.
> It will work with 3rd party software I have
> installed/uninstalled software, updated the firmware in
> the drive, but all to no avail. I guess nobody has an
> answer that will fix the problem and I have searched for
> weeks and have found lots of people with the same
> problem. All the fixes that have been suggested have
> been tried, anybody with out there who can help or at
> least explain the problem would be great help....

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 2:35:34 AM

1. Remove the drive from Device Manager (Start-Run-Devmgmt.msc) and reboot.

2. Try this:

Use 2 for CD-RW (which will actually become DVD-RW)

----
Nathan McNulty

!