XP does not reconize second hard drive.

August 25, 2004 4:28:21 PM

My desktop had one hard drive running windows 2000
professional. A computer shop installed a second hard
drive as a master hard drive, setting the old hard drive
as a slave. For a while, the Windows XP program
recognized the old hard drive so that I could begin
migtration my data to the new hard drive.

Now Windows XP can not find old hard drive, either thru
my computer or as part of the outline in addres bar. I
have not finished copying my data to the hard drive.
However, one of the programs on old hard drive, quicken
online banking, runs as if it had been installed on the
new hard drive under XP.

How do I get the computer to recognize the old hard drive
again.

More about : reconize hard drive

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 5:09:36 PM

Bob, rt click on MyComputer>select Manage>Disk Management. If you see
your old drive there try assigning it a drive letter.

!