USB Port no longer recognized as a Hi-Speed Port after SP2

a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2004 10:44:56 PM

Installed SP2. Connected USB2 external drive to front-panel USB connector.
Got the following message:
"This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0
port. For a list of available ports, click here."
These ports are connected to the USB 5/6 header on the DFI AD77 motherboard
(KT400 chipset, Athlon XP processor).

Before I installed SP2, I think I was able to use this port as a Hi-Speed
USB 2.0 port. The motherboard manual says that the USB 5/6 port is a USB
2.0/1.1 port.

What can I do to get this port working again as a Hi-Speed port?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 26, 2004 1:37:45 AM

Spoon2001 wrote:
> Installed SP2. Connected USB2 external drive to front-panel USB
> connector. Got the following message:
> "This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB
> 2.0 port. For a list of available ports, click here."
> These ports are connected to the USB 5/6 header on the DFI AD77
> motherboard (KT400 chipset, Athlon XP processor).
>
> Before I installed SP2, I think I was able to use this port as a
> Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. The motherboard manual says that the USB 5/6
> port is a USB 2.0/1.1 port.
>
> What can I do to get this port working again as a Hi-Speed port?

Update.

I uninstalled all USB devices from Device Manager, let XP SP2 redetect all
USB hubs/devices etc. Front-panel port (connected to motherboard header)
still not recognized as Hi-Speed port.

Checked BIOS Setup. All USB ports enabled. I don't see any BIOS option to
configure as 1.1 or 2.0 port.

Tried installing USB2 driver from motherboard website - no change.

Tried installing latest chipset driver - Via Hyperion 4in1 4.53 - no change.

Still unable to use front-panel port as USB2 hi-speed port.
!