USB Port no longer recognized as a Hi-Speed Port after SP2

Installed SP2. Connected USB2 external drive to front-panel USB connector.
Got the following message:
"This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0
port. For a list of available ports, click here."
These ports are connected to the USB 5/6 header on the DFI AD77 motherboard
(KT400 chipset, Athlon XP processor).

Before I installed SP2, I think I was able to use this port as a Hi-Speed
USB 2.0 port. The motherboard manual says that the USB 5/6 port is a USB
2.0/1.1 port.

What can I do to get this port working again as a Hi-Speed port?
2 answers Last reply
More about port longer recognized speed port

    Spoon2001 wrote:
    > Installed SP2. Connected USB2 external drive to front-panel USB
    > connector. Got the following message:
    > "This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB
    > 2.0 port. For a list of available ports, click here."
    > These ports are connected to the USB 5/6 header on the DFI AD77
    > motherboard (KT400 chipset, Athlon XP processor).
    >
    > Before I installed SP2, I think I was able to use this port as a
    > Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. The motherboard manual says that the USB 5/6
    > port is a USB 2.0/1.1 port.
    >
    > What can I do to get this port working again as a Hi-Speed port?

    Update.

    I uninstalled all USB devices from Device Manager, let XP SP2 redetect all
    USB hubs/devices etc. Front-panel port (connected to motherboard header)
    still not recognized as Hi-Speed port.

    Checked BIOS Setup. All USB ports enabled. I don't see any BIOS option to
    configure as 1.1 or 2.0 port.

    Tried installing USB2 driver from motherboard website - no change.

    Tried installing latest chipset driver - Via Hyperion 4in1 4.53 - no change.

    Still unable to use front-panel port as USB2 hi-speed port.

    This fixed it for me:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873169

USB Motherboards Windows XP