latest P2BF bios ?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can I get a pointer to the latest BIOS for the P2BF ? I found a 1.13
a the Asus site but I assume there is a 1.14beta somewhere like the
standard P2B ?

I plan to put a tatu 1.4g in the board and I would like to be up to
the latest rev.

Thanks,

Bob wrote:
> Can I get a pointer to the latest BIOS for the P2BF ? I found a 1.13
> a the Asus site but I assume there is a 1.14beta somewhere like the
> standard P2B ?
>
> I plan to put a tatu 1.4g in the board and I would like to be up to
> the latest rev.
>
> Thanks,

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Slot_I/INTEL_Chipset/i440BX/P2B-F/with_Hardwaremonitor/1014f_03.zip

I assume you have a retail board with hardware monitoring (i.e. the BIOS
Power Management page displays temperatures, fan speeds, and voltages),
but if you have an OEM board get this one:

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Slot_I/INTEL_Chipset/i440BX/P2B-F/without_Hardwaremonitor/1014fn03.zip

You may need to flash the BIOS before you install a Tualatin - I've had
mixed results, usually a Celeron won't POST until you update the BIOS,
but P3-S usually work on older BIOS versions.

P2B

"Bob" <uctraing@ultranet.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
nrm271phjhrj9o7bqvkdldqcci7ub5ft0i@4ax.com...
> Can I get a pointer to the latest BIOS for the P2BF ? I found a 1.13
> a the Asus site but I assume there is a 1.14beta somewhere like the
> standard P2B ?
>
> I plan to put a tatu 1.4g in the board and I would like to be up to
> the latest rev.

see

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:04:23 -0400, P2B <p2b@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Bob wrote:
>> Can I get a pointer to the latest BIOS for the P2BF ? I found a 1.13
>> a the Asus site but I assume there is a 1.14beta somewhere like the
>> standard P2B ?
>>
>> I plan to put a tatu 1.4g in the board and I would like to be up to
>> the latest rev.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
>ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Slot_I/INTEL_Chipset/i440BX/P2B-F/with_Hardwaremonitor/1014f_03.zip
>
>I assume you have a retail board with hardware monitoring (i.e. the BIOS
>Power Management page displays temperatures, fan speeds, and voltages),
>but if you have an OEM board get this one:

Thanks. I have the retail. I have had similar problems so I flash the
bios first before installing the CPU.

Hello!

There is a Beta Bios "1014beta003" which works very well on a Intel Pentium
III-S.

You may not activate "BIOS Update" in the Bios, you will get an error during
POST. Something about CPU id, which the BIOS did not found etc etc etc...
Maybe you would place/write a CPU ID for the P3-S Tualatin yourself (BIOS
hacking) in the BIOS!
So it seems to me that the P2B and P2B-F should reach more the Light Version
of the Tualatin on the market, with 256KB Cache. Maybe, because it is
slightly more unstable at <133MHz compared to a P3B or CUBX. You will see:
Pentium III at xxxxMHz. Maybe the P3B BIOS is showing Pentium III-S, but who
cares....

But it does not matter. The Board is doing more than well with the P3-S.
I am using my machine with 100MHz FSB, so I get 1052MHz of Tualatin. Passive
cooling is very easy!
Also with 1400MHz! :)

I would recommend you the Adapter from Powerleap, PL-iP3T... It is the best.

My machine is unnaturally (in today computing) stable!!!
Processing Power is very strong. The first time that I can imagine the
2nd-Level Cache is doing something. Before I used the Cu Celeron 700, which
was also very satisfying in conjunction with the best Chipset ever made, But
when I turned off the 2nd Level cache I could not see or feel any difference
using an OS.

Hugh.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Daniel Mandic wrote:
> Hello!
>

> There is a Beta Bios "1014beta003" which works very well on a Intel Pentium
> III-S.
>
> You may not activate "BIOS Update" in the Bios, you will get an error during
> POST. Something about CPU id, which the BIOS did not found etc etc etc...
> Maybe you would place/write a CPU ID for the P3-S Tualatin yourself (BIOS
> hacking) in the BIOS!

Instructions for adding CPU microcode updates to the BIOS are available
on my P2B modification site:

http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod