Wireless Connection Issue

XP - SP2

I got a Microsoft router with 2 dell laptops @ home.Both laptops used to get
wireless connection.
From last week, one of my laptop not able to get into wireless connection
(Message :- not able to renew IP address "Limited or NO connectivity).
I manually configured with my router IP address, status shows connected BUT
not able to get into internet.
This laptop works fine at my work place with the wireless connection.

My second laptop get connected to wireless connection with NO ISSUES @ home
now also.

I updated the latest firmware on my base station and applied
winsockxpFix.exe ...NO LUCK

With all these trouble-shooting, I guess it's an issue with my laptop and
router.

Please advice with any suggestions or links

Thanks
John
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless connection issue

    Hi

    If the Laptop works OK at the Work site and does not work at home it is
    probably configured for the Work site's parameters, and those are not the
    same as your home system.

    WinXP let you configure a second connection

    Or use a third party Software (Use MSN search look for the term Net Switch).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    P.S. If it works well somewhere else and you have a second Laptop that works
    OK at Home it means that your systems basics are OK. Do not flash firwares
    and apply "Fixes" you might end up "Messing Up" a good Working Network

    "MS User" <sqlman@sql.com> wrote in message
    > XP - SP2
    >
    > I got a Microsoft router with 2 dell laptops @ home.Both laptops used to
    get
    > wireless connection.
    > From last week, one of my laptop not able to get into wireless connection
    > (Message :- not able to renew IP address "Limited or NO connectivity).
    > I manually configured with my router IP address, status shows connected
    BUT
    > not able to get into internet.
    > This laptop works fine at my work place with the wireless connection.
    >
    > My second laptop get connected to wireless connection with NO ISSUES @
    home
    > now also.
    >
    > I updated the latest firmware on my base station and applied
    > winsockxpFix.exe ...NO LUCK
    >
    > With all these trouble-shooting, I guess it's an issue with my laptop and
    > router.
    >
    > Please advice with any suggestions or links
    >
    > Thanks
    > John

Wireless Laptops Connection Wireless Networking