Wireless Connection Issue

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
January 28, 2005 3:36:56 PM

XP - SP2

I got a Microsoft router with 2 dell laptops @ home.Both laptops used to get
wireless connection.
From last week, one of my laptop not able to get into wireless connection
(Message :- not able to renew IP address "Limited or NO connectivity).
I manually configured with my router IP address, status shows connected BUT
not able to get into internet.
This laptop works fine at my work place with the wireless connection.

My second laptop get connected to wireless connection with NO ISSUES @ home
now also.

I updated the latest firmware on my base station and applied
winsockxpFix.exe ...NO LUCK

With all these trouble-shooting, I guess it's an issue with my laptop and
router.

Please advice with any suggestions or links

Thanks
John
January 28, 2005 7:28:32 PM

Hi

If the Laptop works OK at the Work site and does not work at home it is
probably configured for the Work site's parameters, and those are not the
same as your home system.

WinXP let you configure a second connection

Or use a third party Software (Use MSN search look for the term Net Switch).

Jack (MVP-Networking).

P.S. If it works well somewhere else and you have a second Laptop that works
OK at Home it means that your systems basics are OK. Do not flash firwares
and apply "Fixes" you might end up "Messing Up" a good Working Network

!