Usb 2.0 extension cable

ilti

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hello, I have my usb 2.0 extension cable, and when i insert my usb flash drive or my printer, it don't works.And when i check device manager at computer managment it appears as a unknown device. Can anyone help me please, ????

ilti

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Yes, when I plug the USB cable without the extension cable, my printer works.
And when i plug the extension cable my printer doesn't work.
And this problem consists with all flash drives. I think there might be a driver or smth else for this Usb 2.0 extension cable ???????!!!!!!!!Thnx

Bitza

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Sorry, but this is wrong! I have the same problem with an USB extension cable. When you insert the extension cable, a new entry appears in the device manager labeled "USB 2.0 Hub". Unfortunately, Windows 7 is unable to find a suitable driver for it. The same cable works with XP, which is able to find the right driver...

If this can help!
Also, I would be interested if someone has found the right driver for Seven!

Look in Device Manager and go through the Properties of each USB hub to see if the cable you plugged in shares with another device which is already using all or most of the 500mA allowance. As has been said, the longer the cable the worse it gets - that power is stretched to the limit before it even sees the device at the other end. The build-in drivers for the hubs are the right ones and the same driver that runs the device without an extension cable will be the right one with that cable.