This dog won't hunt! (No Video Display - Won't Boot )

I'll try to keep this short...

P3 white box, XP Pro plat.

On power-up/boot, hard drive (bios default) appears/sounds
to be running, but just loops forever. I am pretty
comfortable with techie stuff but this is a real corker.
It was working fine and I didn't make or add any
hard/software changes. Suffice to say that I have tried
every manner and form of published trouble shooting
solutions I could find to get this ol'dog to run. F8-Safe,
F1, F12, ERD's, Emerg. boot disk, etc.etc.
Without video, there are so many possible causes, it's
like trying to figure out why your car won't run with a
hood that you can't open. Can someone suggest a methodical
A-Z diagnostic process?
1 answer Last reply
More about this hunt video display boot

    If video is a separate card in the machine, try swapping it out for one that
    is known to work.. if video is integrated, a board swap might be the only
    way forward..

    "Davis Q." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'll try to keep this short...
    >
    > P3 white box, XP Pro plat.
    >
    > On power-up/boot, hard drive (bios default) appears/sounds
    > to be running, but just loops forever. I am pretty
    > comfortable with techie stuff but this is a real corker.
    > It was working fine and I didn't make or add any
    > hard/software changes. Suffice to say that I have tried
    > every manner and form of published trouble shooting
    > solutions I could find to get this ol'dog to run. F8-Safe,
    > F1, F12, ERD's, Emerg. boot disk, etc.etc.
    > Without video, there are so many possible causes, it's
    > like trying to figure out why your car won't run with a
    > hood that you can't open. Can someone suggest a methodical
    > A-Z diagnostic process?

Boot Windows XP