Can you mix Serial ATA /IDE Drives ??

I currently have a 80G IDE Maxtor Drive as my Slave drive. I would
like to buy a 200G Serial ATA150 Drive. Which is the best way to hook
up the drives. Here is the setup now:

Board - P4C800E Deluxe

Primary Master - Maxtor IDE 80G
Primary Slave - Maxtor IDE 80G

Secondary Master - DVD Writer Plextor
Secondary Slave - DVD Reader

Would like to install a 200G Maxtor Serial ATA 150 Drive.
Can the Serial ATA be the Boot Drive ?
What's the best trouble free set-up ?

Thanks.

That depends. WHAT motherboard are you using?

--
DaveW

"Malam" <malamilia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I currently have a 80G IDE Maxtor Drive as my Slave drive. I would
> like to buy a 200G Serial ATA150 Drive. Which is the best way to hook
> up the drives. Here is the setup now:
>
> Board - P4C800E Deluxe
>
> Primary Master - Maxtor IDE 80G
> Primary Slave - Maxtor IDE 80G
>
> Secondary Master - DVD Writer Plextor
> Secondary Slave - DVD Reader
>
> Would like to install a 200G Maxtor Serial ATA 150 Drive.
> Can the Serial ATA be the Boot Drive ?
> What's the best trouble free set-up ?
>
> Thanks.

Motherboard is Asus P4C800E Deluxe

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:10:39 -0700, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

>That depends. WHAT motherboard are you using?

That board has both SATA and IDE controllers so yes you can
> Motherboard is Asus P4C800E Deluxe
>
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:10:39 -0700, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:
>
>>That depends. WHAT motherboard are you using?

not a problem I have 2 sata in raid 0 and a ide on the promise controller
for backup,and three dvdrw and or cdrw on the other 2 ides all running fine
..
"RBM" <rbm2(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
> That board has both SATA and IDE controllers so yes you can
> "Malam" <malamilia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Motherboard is Asus P4C800E Deluxe
> >
> > On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:10:39 -0700, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:
> >
> >>That depends. WHAT motherboard are you using?

Thanks for your help guys.