Geo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Can you please herp me find a driver for a Olivetti DM 290 printer?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I searched around but the only driver I could find was for Windows 3.1, so I
don't think the odds are very good on getting it to work in XP. Sorry...

Geo wrote:
> Can you please herp me find a driver for a Olivetti DM 290 printer?

Do you have the manual for the printer? Most printers are compatible
with other printers such as an Epson in the case of dot matrix printers.
If you can find the drivers for a compatible printer you should be
able to use these even if you don't get all the features of the printer.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello

Go the the manufacturer of that printer websites and they
should provide you with what you need

Alvin

Geo wrote:

> Can you please herp me find a driver for a Olivetti DM 290 printer?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Donate the Olivetti to a museum or home for desperately old computer
hardware and buy yourself a new inkjet printer and a pack of paper.. they
print color these days..

"Geo" <george@pretelligroup.rom> wrote in message
> Can you please herp me find a driver for a Olivetti DM 290 printer?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Found an old post that says this printer is compatible with the Epson FX 100
printer so they use the same drivers. I haven't been able to find one for it
either though. Does XP have a generic dot-matrix printer driver? If so that
might possibly work with it.

"Thane of Lochaber" <Banquo@NoEmail.com> wrote in message
>I searched around but the only driver I could find was for Windows 3.1, so
>I don't think the odds are very good on getting it to work in XP. Sorry...
>
> "Geo" <george@pretelligroup.rom> wrote in message
>> Can you please herp me find a driver for a Olivetti DM 290 printer?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Geo" <george@pretelligroup.rom> wrote in message
| Can you please herp me find a driver for a Olivetti DM 290 printer?

Hi Geo -

Windows XP has a number of basic Olivetti DM drivers already installed.
Because these are not plug & play printers, you have to manually install the
driver.

Windows XP does not, however, specifically list a driver for the Olivetti DM
290. One of the other drivers should work, though.

To manually add a driver, go into the Add Printers and Faxes wizard and
click on Add a Printer (upper left of the screen). Click Next. Select the
Local Printer attached to this computer radio button. Remove the checkmark
from Automatically detect and install plug and play printer right below the
local printer option (this is necessary). Click next. Select the Use the
following port radio button and select the appropriate port, probably LPT1,
from the drop-down menu. Click Next. On the left pane of the next screen,
scroll to Olivetti. On the right pane, scroll to the Olivetti DM xxx
printers and select one with a model number close to your printer (as I said
before, the DM 290 is not specifically listed under Windows XP). Follow the
rest of the prompts for the wizard and click Finish.

If you get a successful test page print (you do want to choose that option)
you have a working printer. If you fail to get a test page, right-click on
the printer you just added and select remove then try the wizard again,
selecting another Olivetti DM xxx printer.

Good luck.

Jef