no AsusUpdate

Hello
I got problem when I try to install AsusUpdate I receive something like this
:

"ASUS Biosinfo.dll"
Unable to create NT driver service for BS_DEF or
"NT Service registry error! please reboot NT and run again" or
Unable to create NT driver service for BS_DEF
and finally : Setup program detects no asus motherboard and installer quits.

What's wrong ??? It's with P4C800.
--
sGS
8 answers Last reply

    Try reinstalling Asus update
    "ggs" <ggs_@_konto.pl> wrote in message news:d4vm33$pau$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
    > Hello
    > I got problem when I try to install AsusUpdate I receive something like
    > this :
    >
    > "ASUS Biosinfo.dll"
    > Unable to create NT driver service for BS_DEF or
    > "NT Service registry error! please reboot NT and run again" or
    > Unable to create NT driver service for BS_DEF
    > and finally : Setup program detects no asus motherboard and installer
    > quits.
    >
    > What's wrong ??? It's with P4C800.
    > --
    > sGS

    Probably a corrupt download. Please visit the ASUS website and download the
    latest version of ASUSUpdate. (Side note: I strongly urge the use of
    AFUDOS as opposed to ASUS update).

    Bobby

    In news:5IJce.2727$o32.2401@fe09.lga,
    RBM <rbm2(remove this)@optonline.net> typed:

    > Try reinstalling Asus update

    I wrote " ...when I try to install ..."

    sGS

    My mistake, Had it been installed and maybe needs to be uninstalled first?

    In article <d4vveh$otn$1@inews.gazeta.pl>, "ggs" <ggs_@_konto.pl> wrote:

    > In news:5IJce.2727$o32.2401@fe09.lga,
    > RBM <rbm2(remove this)@optonline.net> typed:
    >
    > > Try reinstalling Asus update
    >
    > I wrote " ...when I try to install ..."
    >
    > sGS

    Are you installing while logged in as "Administrator" ?

    Paul

    In news:nospam-3004051332200001@192.168.1.178,
    Paul <nospam@needed.com> typed:

    > Are you installing while logged in as "Administrator" ?

    I am of course.
    --
    sGS

    In news:42740920_1@127.0.0.1,
    NoNoBadDog! <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> typed:

    > Probably a corrupt download. Please visit the ASUS website and
    > download the latest version of ASUSUpdate. (Side note: I strongly
    > urge the use of
    > AFUDOS as opposed to ASUS update).

    File is OK .
    AFUSDOS works fine but AA is a little more comfortably :o)

    --
    sGS
  8. I had the same problem when I tried to update my BIOS.

    The following step by step procedure may work to you too.

    Start - Run - (type ) regedit.exe

    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432Node

    Insert a before WoW

    It will look like:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE\SOFTWARE\aWoW6432Node

    Restart the comp

    Run again ASUS BIOS update from CD. (it should work OK)

    You will prompt to update the program to a newer version. Do it.

    The version should be v7.14.01

    Go to ASUS site, go to search and type your Mobo model.

    Go to Downloads and find the newest BIOS version. Download it to HDD.

    Run the new ASUS BIOS (v7.14.01).

    Select the option "Update BIOS from file"

    Follow the procedure.

    If this helped you, please pass the knowledge to other people, because it took me 3 days to figure out how to fix my comp.
    Don't keep it for yourself !!!!

    Vassilis
    cadetstar@gmail.com
    Hellas (Greece)