Changing HDD and transfering data

Hi, I have filled up my main HDD which contains Window XP OS and have
installed a new bigger one and need to transfer all my data to the new drive.
which will include Windows XP and some programme and hardware files. All
programmes etc. are held on a separate HDD. How can I transfer everything off
my C: drive to this new drive which will then be the new C: drive?
--
Fudge de cat

You cannot transfer your Operating system...unless you
perform a clean install...

> You cannot transfer your Operating system...unless you
> perform a clean install...

You most certainly can transfer the contents of your old drive, including
the operating system, to your new drive. It's a relatively simple matter of
cloning the contents of your old drive to the new drive using a disk imaging
program such as Symantec's Norton Ghost, Acronis True Image, or similar
program. You can then use your old drive as a storage facility and/or backup
for your new drive.

Art

Thanks Art, I'm almost sure I have Symantec Ghost here, just haven't
installed that bit. So will check it out tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers
crossed for me please.
Cheers

"Art" wrote:

> [...]

Also, I forgot to mention this in my other post. Check what hard drive
you have and you may be able to use the software that is designed for
the hard drive you want to transfer the information to. Maxtor drives
use MaxBlast software, Seagate uses SeaTools, etc. These programs boot
from disk or CD and can do the same thing as Norton Ghost (and they are
free).

----
Nathan McNulty