corrupt registry file

hi

I need help again!!! I am missing the "all programs "tab
off of my start menu. The pc helpdesk have told me that
this is due to a corrupt registry file & that I need to
completely wipe the pc. I REALLY dont want to do this

Please can anyone help.

Many thanks

If you follow the procedure correctly, all your
files and programs will be retained:

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"nikki tucker" wrote:

| hi
|
| I need help again!!! I am missing the "all programs "tab
| off of my start menu. The pc helpdesk have told me that
| this is due to a corrupt registry file & that I need to
| completely wipe the pc. I REALLY dont want to do this
|
| Please can anyone help.
|
| Many thanks

Hi

Will this keep everything that I have on my pc, but just
repair the corrupt file?

Ive only ever done a complete wipe so this is a new one
on me.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks

aspx

----------------------

>"nikki tucker" wrote:
>
>| hi
>|
>| I need help again!!! I am missing the "all
programs "tab
>| off of my start menu. The pc helpdesk have told me
that
>| this is due to a corrupt registry file & that I need
>| completely wipe the pc. I REALLY dont want to do this
>|
>| Please can anyone help.
>|
>| Many thanks
>.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes.

"nikki tucker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cc301c48b9c$7ac8b730$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Will this keep everything that I have on my pc, but just
> repair the corrupt file?
>
> Ive only ever done a complete wipe so this is a new one
> on me.
>
> Hope to hear from you soon.
>
> Many thanks

The pc helpdesk needs to be fired for incompetence.

> hi
>
> I need help again!!! I am missing the "all programs "tab
> off of my start menu. The pc helpdesk have told me that
> this is due to a corrupt registry file & that I need to
> completely wipe the pc. I REALLY dont want to do this
>
> Please can anyone help.
>
> Many thanks

Please can you tell me how i go about restoring the
registry without losing all my programs that ive loaded?

wrote in message
>> hi
>>
>> I need help again!!! I am missing the "all
programs "tab
>> off of my start menu. The pc helpdesk have told me that
>> this is due to a corrupt registry file & that I need to
>> completely wipe the pc. I REALLY dont want to do this
>>
>> Please can anyone help.
>>
>> Many thanks
>

>.

My cd that came with the pc only gives me the option to
do a full restore or to go to the command prompt