A7N8X-E Deluxe

cp

Just switched from a Soyo Mobo to the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe....not because I
was unhappy with the Soyo (SY-K7VTA Pro), but mostly because the Soyo Mobo
was just getting to old (BTW, I had no problems with Soyo as it was real
workhorse)...but was wandering if the Asus MoBo has a way to change the
first boot-up devise other than changing it in the BIOS. With the Soyo, all
you had to do was hit the Esc key during POST to access the feature...but
apparently this does not work with the Asus...not a big issues was just
curious...I am very satisfied so far with the Asus so far other than
this...Chuck

CP wrote:
> Just switched from a Soyo Mobo to the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe....not because I
> was unhappy with the Soyo (SY-K7VTA Pro), but mostly because the Soyo Mobo
> was just getting to old (BTW, I had no problems with Soyo as it was real
> workhorse)...but was wandering if the Asus MoBo has a way to change the
> first boot-up devise other than changing it in the BIOS. With the Soyo, all
> you had to do was hit the Esc key during POST to access the feature...but
> apparently this does not work with the Asus...not a big issues was just
> curious...I am very satisfied so far with the Asus so far other than
> this...Chuck

Unfortunately not. At least, not on the non-E.

Just install a proper boot manager and configure it properly :p

Ben

I used to have two different systems, installed on different HD.
In the BIOS the computer was set up to boot from the second
one. When a blank non-system diskette was present in the
floppy drive, it would boot from the first HD.

The diskette was fromated with Winimage, so that I would not
have to remove it from the drive for the computer to boot.

"Ben Pope" <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114935217.213660aa35d569e8debd16e13a6adaca@teranews...
> CP wrote:
>> Just switched from a Soyo Mobo to the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe....not because
>> I was unhappy with the Soyo (SY-K7VTA Pro), but mostly because the Soyo
>> Mobo was just getting to old (BTW, I had no problems with Soyo as it was
>> real workhorse)...but was wandering if the Asus MoBo has a way to change
>> the first boot-up devise other than changing it in the BIOS. With the
>> Soyo, all you had to do was hit the Esc key during POST to access the
>> feature...but apparently this does not work with the Asus...not a big
>> issues was just curious...I am very satisfied so far with the Asus so far
>> other than this...Chuck
>
> Unfortunately not. At least, not on the non-E.
>
> Just install a proper boot manager and configure it properly :p
>
> Ben

cp

OK...thanks CP