Chipset drivers with XP SP2?

Does SP2 know about recent motherboard chipsets? Do I need to load
chipset drivers (specifically Intel 875P & ICH5R) when doing a clean
install with XP SP2?

--
Nigel Mercier
2 answers Last reply

    Hi

    If anything to do with Prescott, have a look here:

    http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=7447

    A 'Clean' install won't hack it!!

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Nigel M" <reply@thegroup.com> wrote in message
    > Does SP2 know about recent motherboard chipsets? Do I need to load
    > chipset drivers (specifically Intel 875P & ICH5R) when doing a clean
    > install with XP SP2?
    >
    > --
    > Nigel Mercier

    Well it will if the Microcoding is correct in the BIOS but since you can't
    use the Intel Chipset Frequency ID Utility without an operating system, it
    could be a bit difficult!

    -
    www.coribright.com

    > Hi
    >
    > If anything to do with Prescott, have a look here:
    >
    > http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=7447
    >
    > A 'Clean' install won't hack it!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Nigel M" <reply@thegroup.com> wrote in message
    >> Does SP2 know about recent motherboard chipsets? Do I need to load
    >> chipset drivers (specifically Intel 875P & ICH5R) when doing a clean
    >> install with XP SP2?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Nigel Mercier

Chipsets Drivers Windows XP