Chipset drivers with XP SP2?

a b \ Driver
August 26, 2004 7:19:56 PM

Does SP2 know about recent motherboard chipsets? Do I need to load
chipset drivers (specifically Intel 875P & ICH5R) when doing a clean
install with XP SP2?

--
Nigel Mercier

More about : chipset drivers sp2

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 26, 2004 8:40:15 PM

Hi

If anything to do with Prescott, have a look here:

http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=7447

A 'Clean' install won't hack it!!

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Nigel M" <reply@thegroup.com> wrote in message
> Does SP2 know about recent motherboard chipsets? Do I need to load
> chipset drivers (specifically Intel 875P & ICH5R) when doing a clean
> install with XP SP2?
>
> --
> Nigel Mercier
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 26, 2004 8:40:16 PM

Well it will if the Microcoding is correct in the BIOS but since you can't
use the Intel Chipset Frequency ID Utility without an operating system, it
could be a bit difficult!

-
www.coribright.com

!