Can A7N8X handle a 160 Gig HDD?

I wonder if there is any limit on the size of a HDD for this MB. I
would like to install a 160 G?

Thanks...John

I believe the original BIOS that that board came with limits the harddrive
to 137 GB. You might be able to upgrade the BIOS to a newer version that
recognizes 160 GB.

--
DaveW

jy wrote:
> I wonder if there is any limit on the size of a HDD for this MB. I
> would like to install a 160 G?

Yes it can just fine.

jy <lochbroom@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I wonder if there is any limit on the size of a HDD for this MB. I
> would like to install a 160 G?
>
> Thanks...John

+++++++++

My C-drive is 20-Gig. My D-drive is 80-Gig. In addition I have three
160-Gig drives on my A7N8X system. The 160-Gig drives are all connected
via USB-2 so that they can be moved between different computers and
powered off or unplugged when desired.

It is a little slower to use USB but the advantages outweigh the
disadvantages in my situation.

About the only time I notice any speed problems is when I copy a large
volume of data from one USB drive to another USB drive .... such as
when unzipping a huge file. I can even capture live TV video to DVD
compliant MPEG2 video in real time and I only see the light on the USB
drive blink very briefly once every 5 or 10 seconds or so. And this is
when I am using a Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 capture device which is also
using the USB interface to capture with while I am using a USB WiFi
connection on my cable internet connection.

I have my mouse and WiFi internet connection hooked thru a USB-1
connections and cabling because I ran a series of tests and I saw
no problems with speed and I had a surplus of USB-1 stuff lying around
taking up space. My Cable internet connection benchmarks at exactly the
same speed whether I am using USB-1, USB-2 or a Cat-5 cable direct
hookup.

I know I haven't answered your exact question but maybe it will give
you something else to think about.

PON

I recently installed a 250 Gig HD with no problems.
You didn't mention what O.S. your using.