Sound Audio Problems

Hello

I just upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows Xp Pro.
Everything works fine, except there is no sound! I spent
hours looking around and i believe i have narrowed it
down to one file: CM18330/C3D Audio Adapter. I dont have
the disk for this, and i have tried putting in the Xp
disk. That doesnt work either. Why doesnt the sound work.
Does anyone have any suggestions? :)
2 answers Last reply
More about sound audio problems

    Get drivers from sound card manufacturer or from mobo manufacturer if it is
    an integrated sound card.

    "Or, you can try these drivers here:
    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=131296

    User: driver1
    Pass: all
    Same for everyone :)" link from Nathan M.

    r.

    "James" wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I just upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows Xp Pro.
    > Everything works fine, except there is no sound! I spent
    > hours looking around and i believe i have narrowed it
    > down to one file: CM18330/C3D Audio Adapter. I dont have
    > the disk for this, and i have tried putting in the Xp
    > disk. That doesnt work either. Why doesnt the sound work.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions? :)

    Hello

    Go to creativelabs.com and look for your drivers that support
    your soundcard under XP

    Alvin

    James wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I just upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows Xp Pro.
    > Everything works fine, except there is no sound! I spent
    > hours looking around and i believe i have narrowed it
    > down to one file: CM18330/C3D Audio Adapter. I dont have
    > the disk for this, and i have tried putting in the Xp
    > disk. That doesnt work either. Why doesnt the sound work.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions? :)

Audio Microsoft Windows XP