thom

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003

I need to use my old Superdrive to move some files to my
old notebook.
However, I've been unable to get the Superdrive to
install. I've tried all the normal methods, I downloaded
a driver from Iomega for Win98 ( the last one avail. With
no luck. Why won't WinXP recognize and install its own
driver?
Can I fix or work around the problem for a short time?

Chances are if Iomega does not make a driver for your hardware and XP, the
best thing is to connect it to a Win98 system with a cd burner and transfer
that way (or floppy).

r.

"Thom" wrote:

> I need to use my old Superdrive to move some files to my
> old notebook.
> However, I've been unable to get the Superdrive to
> install. I've tried all the normal methods, I downloaded
> a driver from Iomega for Win98 ( the last one avail. With
> no luck. Why won't WinXP recognize and install its own
> driver?
> Can I fix or work around the problem for a short time?

Hello

If win xp does not support it ti pretty much won't
work, does Iomega have drivers that support XP that's
what you need to look at first

Alvin

Thom wrote:

> I need to use my old Superdrive to move some files to my
> old notebook.
> However, I've been unable to get the Superdrive to
> install. I've tried all the normal methods, I downloaded
> a driver from Iomega for Win98 ( the last one avail. With
> no luck. Why won't WinXP recognize and install its own
> driver?
> Can I fix or work around the problem for a short time?

TRENDING THREADS