I just got SP2 for WinXP Pro and whenever I plug in my USB
mouse my laptop instantly reboots. My Extigy and Palm work
fine with USB. The problem isn't port-specific. My laptop
doesn't even start-up with the mouse plugged in not even in
safe-mode.

Personally, I have never seen a laptop that doesn't :)

Also, this USB mouse did work before installing SP2 right? Have you
tried updating your chipset drivers (motherboard drivers)? What is the
make and model of your computer? I'll point you to the latest drivers ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Jetro wrote:
> Does this laptop have a TouchPad?

Yes it has a touchpad. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1100.
I checked Dell's website and there aren't any new drivers.

Try Synaptics TouchPad drivers, then disable the TouchPad, and finally
contact Dell support.

Charlie

Since I install SP2, my optical mouse doesn't operates occasion; I would have
to disconnect and reconnect for it to function. I just reload the computer,
because I been having the problem with the mouse. After I load the SP2, it
does it again.