anges from 1280 x 1024 at welcome screen to 800x600

This happemns every time I start the computer. I then have to go to ndispay
settings and reset. Then it is fine until I restart the compouter and I have
to go through the same routine again. It sounds like something is instructing
the change, but I can't find out what. I have changed the resolution in
win.ini and that dosn't do anything. HELP ME PLEASE
--
Living on the Murray
8 answers Last reply

    I just had to make some adjustments

    "MikeB" wrote:

    > My video resolution changes from 1280 x 1024 between the welcome screen and desktop completion. This happens every time I start the computer. I then have to go to ndispay
    > settings and reset. Then it is fine until I restart the compouter and I have
    > to go through the same routine again. It sounds like something is instructing
    > the change, but I can't find out what. I have changed the resolution in
    > win.ini and that dosn't do anything. HELP ME PLEASE
    > --
    > Living on the Murray

    Probably some game you are playing is resetting the display
    resolution.

    It could also be you're hitting the wrong keys.

    "MikeB" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | This happemns every time I start the computer. I then have
    to go to ndispay
    | settings and reset. Then it is fine until I restart the
    compouter and I have
    | to go through the same routine again. It sounds like
    something is instructing
    | the change, but I can't find out what. I have changed the
    resolution in
    | win.ini and that dosn't do anything. HELP ME PLEASE
    | --
    | Living on the Murray

    Care to elaborate so we may be able to help in the future with this problem?

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    MikeB wrote:
    > I just had to make some adjustments
    >
    > "MikeB" wrote:
    >

    >>My video resolution changes from 1280 x 1024 between the welcome screen and desktop completion. This happens every time I start the computer. I then have to go to ndispay
    >>settings and reset. Then it is fine until I restart the compouter and I have
    >>to go through the same routine again. It sounds like something is instructing
    >>the change, but I can't find out what. I have changed the resolution in
    >>win.ini and that dosn't do anything. HELP ME PLEASE
    >>--
    >>Living on the Murray

    Hi there,
    As I stated below I have to adjust my video resolution each time I boot my
    computer (hot or cold). Up to the welcome screen I have my normal resolution
    of 1280 x 1024. when I go to loading my settings it loads some of the
    settings correctly but then the video resolution changes to 800 x 600 and I
    have to reset in display/settings. Then it is fine until I reboot . Obviously
    one of my settings is saying change the screen resolution, but I don't know
    how to find out which one it is. I changed the setting in win.ini but it made
    no different. I have played around with my NVidia settings, I even found a
    log ntbtlog.txt but it didn't tell me what was changing the display
    resolution. I am still having the problem and any help would be appreciated
    Regards
    MikeB
    "Nathan McNulty" wrote:

    > Care to elaborate so we may be able to help in the future with this problem?
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >

    > MikeB wrote:
    > > I just had to make some adjustments
    > >
    > > "MikeB" wrote:
    > >

    > >>My video resolution changes from 1280 x 1024 between the welcome screen and desktop completion. This happens every time I start the computer. I then have to go to ndispay
    > >>settings and reset. Then it is fine until I restart the compouter and I have
    > >>to go through the same routine again. It sounds like something is instructing
    > >>the change, but I can't find out what. I have changed the resolution in
    > >>win.ini and that dosn't do anything. HELP ME PLEASE
    > >>--
    > >>Living on the Murray

    Many games and some web sites may do this.

    | Hi there,
    | As I stated below I have to adjust my video resolution
    each time I boot my
    | computer (hot or cold). Up to the welcome screen I have my
    normal resolution
    | of 1280 x 1024. when I go to loading my settings it loads
    some of the
    | settings correctly but then the video resolution changes
    to 800 x 600 and I
    | have to reset in display/settings. Then it is fine until I
    reboot . Obviously
    | one of my settings is saying change the screen resolution,
    but I don't know
    | how to find out which one it is. I changed the setting in
    win.ini but it made
    | no different. I have played around with my NVidia
    settings, I even found a
    | log ntbtlog.txt but it didn't tell me what was changing
    the display
    | resolution. I am still having the problem and any help
    would be appreciated
    | Regards
    | MikeB
    | "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
    |
    | > Care to elaborate so we may be able to help in the
    future with this problem?

    | > ----
    | > Nathan McNulty
    | >

    | > MikeB wrote:
    | > > I just had to make some adjustments

    the welcome screen and desktop completion. This happens
    every time I start the computer. I then have to go to
    ndispay

    My fault. The way I was reading "I just had to make some adjustments"
    was that you had fixed the problem yourself by making some adjustments :)

    Click Start-Run-Type msconfig and click OK. Now go to the startup tab
    and check the programs that are starting up with Windows. Perhaps there
    is something there that is doing this. List anything you don't know
    what it is :)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    MikeB wrote:
    > Hi there,
    > As I stated below I have to adjust my video resolution each time I boot my
    > computer (hot or cold). Up to the welcome screen I have my normal resolution
    > of 1280 x 1024. when I go to loading my settings it loads some of the
    > settings correctly but then the video resolution changes to 800 x 600 and I
    > have to reset in display/settings. Then it is fine until I reboot . Obviously
    > one of my settings is saying change the screen resolution, but I don't know
    > how to find out which one it is. I changed the setting in win.ini but it made
    > no different. I have played around with my NVidia settings, I even found a
    > log ntbtlog.txt but it didn't tell me what was changing the display
    > resolution. I am still having the problem and any help would be appreciated
    > Regards
    > MikeB
    > "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
    >

    >>Care to elaborate so we may be able to help in the future with this problem?
    >>
    >>----
    >>Nathan McNulty
    >>

    >>MikeB wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just had to make some adjustments

    Thanks Nathan. I have a program to print labels. It is by Casio and called
    FA-950. If that is in the startup it changes my resolution on startup to
    800x600 If I just leave it on the desktop I can still use it to print the
    labels . The program changes my resolution but it changes it back again when
    I have finished. Your help was invaluable

    "Nathan McNulty" wrote:

    > My fault. The way I was reading "I just had to make some adjustments"
    > was that you had fixed the problem yourself by making some adjustments :)
    >
    > Click Start-Run-Type msconfig and click OK. Now go to the startup tab
    > and check the programs that are starting up with Windows. Perhaps there
    > is something there that is doing this. List anything you don't know
    > what it is :)
    >
    > ----
    > Nathan McNulty
    >
    > MikeB wrote:
    > > Hi there,
    > > As I stated below I have to adjust my video resolution each time I boot my
    > > computer (hot or cold). Up to the welcome screen I have my normal resolution
    > > of 1280 x 1024. when I go to loading my settings it loads some of the
    > > settings correctly but then the video resolution changes to 800 x 600 and I
    > > have to reset in display/settings. Then it is fine until I reboot . Obviously
    > > one of my settings is saying change the screen resolution, but I don't know
    > > how to find out which one it is. I changed the setting in win.ini but it made
    > > no different. I have played around with my NVidia settings, I even found a
    > > log ntbtlog.txt but it didn't tell me what was changing the display
    > > resolution. I am still having the problem and any help would be appreciated
    > > Regards
    > > MikeB
    > > "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
    > >

    > >>Care to elaborate so we may be able to help in the future with this problem?
    > >>
    > >>----
    > >>Nathan McNulty

    Glad to hear you found what the problem was :)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

Windows XP