P4T-E Haunted?

Hi, I have a P4T-E for about 3 years. Recently the computer froze and
would not boot again. Pressing the power button turns on the case but
the monitor will not activate, no beeps, nothing. If I unplug the system
and remove the CPU, CMOS Battery and video card and reinsert them the
system comes to life once again. It will then randomly freeze up again
in a few days. I tried a new video card but same problem will randomly
happen. Anyone have similar issues or any ideas? System was great for
years and now this.

Thanks!

if you need more specs let me know.

try memtest86 and leave it overnight....if no errors by morning you can
probably rule out the ram

so you are left with the cpu or mb

can you try the cpu in another/a friends pc for a few days?

Is the cpu fan ok?

pseanja wrote:
> Hi, I have a P4T-E for about 3 years. Recently the computer froze and
> would not boot again. Pressing the power button turns on the case but
> the monitor will not activate, no beeps, nothing. If I unplug the system
> and remove the CPU, CMOS Battery and video card and reinsert them the
> system comes to life once again. It will then randomly freeze up again
> in a few days. I tried a new video card but same problem will randomly
> happen. Anyone have similar issues or any ideas? System was great for
> years and now this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> if you need more specs let me know.

Have you tried a different power supply? I had problems with one
computer similar to yours that was only fixed by replacing the power
supply with a better one.

Michael W. Ryder wrote:
> pseanja wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have a P4T-E for about 3 years. Recently the computer froze and
>> would not boot again. Pressing the power button turns on the case but
>> the monitor will not activate, no beeps, nothing. If I unplug the
>> system and remove the CPU, CMOS Battery and video card and reinsert
>> them the system comes to life once again. It will then randomly freeze
>> up again in a few days. I tried a new video card but same problem will
>> randomly happen. Anyone have similar issues or any ideas? System was
>> great for years and now this.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> if you need more specs let me know.
>

> Have you tried a different power supply? I had problems with one
> computer similar to yours that was only fixed by replacing the power
> supply with a better one.

That's one of the only things that has changed since I have assembled
the computer. I swapped the mobo out of an Antec Soho case w/430watt
"TruPower" into a no-name generic case w/power supply about 10 months
ago. Maybe that cheap supply is just failing/flaky.

Just seemed odd that pulling and reinserting components would fix it
(just to happen randomly again later).

Thanks for your help everyone!