Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0

Hi,

the advertising of this mouse claims "Three-Times-Longer Battery Life".
However, my first set of new batteries were used up very fast.

I can see that the red light below the mouse is always on, even if the mouse
is not connected to the computer via the USB cable.

Is there a way to switch off the power of the mouse in order to prolong the
battery life?

Nick

Two things. First, is the red light on the bottom in full mode or
dimmed mode? My BlueTooth Mouse's light is always on, but only dimmed
when I am not using it. I get excellent battery life on it and have
found that NiMH Rechargeable batteries work well with it. Some hardware
do not respond well to rechargeable batteries, so it is kind of risky to
try (but MS has an excellent product replacement garuntee if it fails).

One of the ways I prolong the life of my batteries is to pull out one of
the batteries when I am not going to use it for a while (like going to
bed). Once you get in a habit of doing it, it isn't so bad. I can go a
full month without having to change the batteries and I spend a lot (I
mean A LOT of time on my computer).

----
Nathan McNulty