no sound after sp2 update

Chad

I just installed sp2 and now I'm not getting any sound.
I have a turtle beach santa cruz card. Everything
appears to be setup and configured properly but no
sound. On first reboot after installation the sound was
working. I restarted my McAfee firewall and rebooted and
thats when it made some loud sounds and then fell
silent. Any thoughts on what happened and how I can fix
it?

Loud sounds? Are the speakers OK? Have you tried the sound card or the
speakers in a different computer? Try reinstalling the latest sound card
drivers. Need to do a bit of troubleshooting ;)

----
Nathan McNulty