network adaptor?

I recently had a bunch of problems with my pc and had to reinstall windows.
when I did so, it said the following files could not be copied cyycoins.chm,
cyzcoins.chm, digiras.chm, dmutil.dll, article.chm. What are these files and
how important are they? How can I get them copied onto my pc?

I can use windows fine except my pc says it doesn't detect my network
adaptor so i can't use my adsl modem or use the internet. when i installed
windows again, it also said I couldn't use the ethernet controller. Is there
a hardware issue? How can I check? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
4 answers Last reply
More about network adaptor

    "ManInJapan" <ManInJapan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently had a bunch of problems with my pc and had to reinstall windows.
    > when I did so, it said the following files could not be copied
    > cyycoins.chm,
    > cyzcoins.chm, digiras.chm, dmutil.dll, article.chm. What are these files
    > and
    > how important are they? How can I get them copied onto my pc?
    >
    > I can use windows fine except my pc says it doesn't detect my network
    > adaptor so i can't use my adsl modem or use the internet. when i
    > installed
    > windows again, it also said I couldn't use the ethernet controller. Is
    > there
    > a hardware issue? How can I check? Any advice would be greatly
    > appreciated

    You need to find out what network card you have and reinstall the drivers
    for it.

    Exactly. Also the files ending with .chm are help files. The file
    ending in .dll is a Dynamic Linked Library file. This is most likely
    required for your drivers or at least the ability for your software to
    control the drivers/hardware.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    D.Currie wrote:
    > "ManInJapan" <ManInJapan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I recently had a bunch of problems with my pc and had to reinstall windows.
    >>when I did so, it said the following files could not be copied
    >>cyycoins.chm,
    >>cyzcoins.chm, digiras.chm, dmutil.dll, article.chm. What are these files
    >>and
    >>how important are they? How can I get them copied onto my pc?
    >>
    >>I can use windows fine except my pc says it doesn't detect my network
    >>adaptor so i can't use my adsl modem or use the internet. when i
    >>installed
    >>windows again, it also said I couldn't use the ethernet controller. Is
    >>there
    >>a hardware issue? How can I check? Any advice would be greatly
    >>appreciated
    >

    > You need to find out what network card you have and reinstall the drivers
    > for it.

    I've done that many times over. I decided to pop the case and have a look.
    It seems the capacitors are screwed. There was a yellowish crust formed on
    the outside of them. Apparently that has happened alot with Aopen boards. I
    think the warranty is only 1 year (Japan) and it's 2 years old.

    Any idea how to fix the MoBo or should I just replace it? Can you
    recommened a board with stable capacitors and RAMBUS capability?

    > I've done that many times over. I decided to pop the case and have a
    > look.
    > It seems the capacitors are screwed. There was a yellowish crust formed
    > on
    > the outside of them. Apparently that has happened alot with Aopen boards.
    > think the warranty is only 1 year (Japan) and it's 2 years old.
    >
    > Any idea how to fix the MoBo or should I just replace it? Can you
    > recommened a board with stable capacitors and RAMBUS capability?

    It's not just AOpen, and it's not just motherboards that are affected. If
    you do a search online for leaking capacitors, you'll find plenty to read
    about.

    It's possible to replace the capacitors, and there are places you can send
    the motherboard, or buy a repair kit, but it may not be worth it unless it's
    a great motherboard and/or you can't replace it for some reason.

    As far as stable capacitors, new ones shouldn't be a problem as long as it's
    from a reputable company who isn't using the defective stock.

Windows XP