network adaptor?

August 27, 2004 12:17:02 AM

I recently had a bunch of problems with my pc and had to reinstall windows.
when I did so, it said the following files could not be copied cyycoins.chm,
cyzcoins.chm, digiras.chm, dmutil.dll, article.chm. What are these files and
how important are they? How can I get them copied onto my pc?

I can use windows fine except my pc says it doesn't detect my network
adaptor so i can't use my adsl modem or use the internet. when i installed
windows again, it also said I couldn't use the ethernet controller. Is there
a hardware issue? How can I check? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

More about : network adaptor

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 1:31:49 AM

"ManInJapan" <ManInJapan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently had a bunch of problems with my pc and had to reinstall windows.
> when I did so, it said the following files could not be copied
> cyycoins.chm,
> cyzcoins.chm, digiras.chm, dmutil.dll, article.chm. What are these files
> and
> how important are they? How can I get them copied onto my pc?
>
> I can use windows fine except my pc says it doesn't detect my network
> adaptor so i can't use my adsl modem or use the internet. when i
> installed
> windows again, it also said I couldn't use the ethernet controller. Is
> there
> a hardware issue? How can I check? Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated

You need to find out what network card you have and reinstall the drivers
for it.
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 3:40:01 AM

Exactly. Also the files ending with .chm are help files. The file
ending in .dll is a Dynamic Linked Library file. This is most likely
required for your drivers or at least the ability for your software to
control the drivers/hardware.

----
Nathan McNulty

D.Currie wrote:
> "ManInJapan" <ManInJapan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I recently had a bunch of problems with my pc and had to reinstall windows.
>>when I did so, it said the following files could not be copied
>>cyycoins.chm,
>>cyzcoins.chm, digiras.chm, dmutil.dll, article.chm. What are these files
>>and
>>how important are they? How can I get them copied onto my pc?
>>
>>I can use windows fine except my pc says it doesn't detect my network
>>adaptor so i can't use my adsl modem or use the internet. when i
>>installed
>>windows again, it also said I couldn't use the ethernet controller. Is
>>there
>>a hardware issue? How can I check? Any advice would be greatly
>>appreciated
>

> You need to find out what network card you have and reinstall the drivers
> for it.

August 30, 2004 11:19:05 PM

I've done that many times over. I decided to pop the case and have a look.
It seems the capacitors are screwed. There was a yellowish crust formed on
the outside of them. Apparently that has happened alot with Aopen boards. I
think the warranty is only 1 year (Japan) and it's 2 years old.

Any idea how to fix the MoBo or should I just replace it? Can you
recommened a board with stable capacitors and RAMBUS capability?
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 2:49:12 AM

> I've done that many times over. I decided to pop the case and have a
> look.
> It seems the capacitors are screwed. There was a yellowish crust formed
> on
> the outside of them. Apparently that has happened alot with Aopen boards.
> think the warranty is only 1 year (Japan) and it's 2 years old.
>
> Any idea how to fix the MoBo or should I just replace it? Can you
> recommened a board with stable capacitors and RAMBUS capability?

It's not just AOpen, and it's not just motherboards that are affected. If
you do a search online for leaking capacitors, you'll find plenty to read
about.

It's possible to replace the capacitors, and there are places you can send
the motherboard, or buy a repair kit, but it may not be worth it unless it's
a great motherboard and/or you can't replace it for some reason.

As far as stable capacitors, new ones shouldn't be a problem as long as it's
from a reputable company who isn't using the defective stock.
!